Frequently Asked Questions About Ciovo
Ciovo is a beautiful island in Croatia located off the coast of Dalmatia. It’s known for its stunning beaches, crystal clear waters and lush Mediterranean flora. This charming island offers plenty of activities to do, from sailing and exploring historical sites to enjoying delicious seafood dishes and nightlife options. With its friendly locals and laid-back vibe, Ciovo is the perfect destination for anyone looking for a relaxing getaway. Whether you’re after an action-packed holiday or simply want to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, Ciovo is sure to offer something special.
Which time of the year is best to visit Ciovo?
The best time to visit Ciovo, Croatia is generally from May to September when the temperature is warm and sunny. During this time, many of the island's beaches become pleasant places for swimming and sunbathing. June through August offers the best chance for clear skies and good weather overall.If you plan on taking part in some of the outdoor recreational activities offered around Ciovo, such as cycling or kayaking, it is recommended that you come between March or April until late October due to milder temperatures. You can also expect lower prices during these months as well.
Which area is best to stay in Ciovo?
The best area to stay in Ciovo, Croatia is Okrug Gornji. This charming little town offers stunning views of the Adriatic Sea and a wide variety of amenities for visitors. The beaches here are some of the best on the island, and there are plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops nearby. There is also a wide selection of accommodation available here from basic holiday apartments to luxury villas – something for everyone’s budget! For those looking for a bit more adventure, there are several water sports activities available in Okrug Gornji such as kayaking, snorkeling, windsurfing and kite-surfing.
What are popular places to visit in Ciovo?
Some of the most popular attractions on Ciovo, Croatia include:
1. The Kamerlengo Fortress – a 15th-century fortress that offers stunning views of the Adriatic Sea and the town of Trogir.
2. St. Nicholas Church – a beautiful 16th century church located in Okrug Gornji.
3. Vela Draga Beach – a picturesque beach with crystal clear waters perfect for swimming and sunbathing.
4. Drac's Cave – an impressive cave located on the south side of the island which is said to be inhabited by dragons!
5. Marina Frapa – one of the largest marinas in Croatia, offering boat trips around the islands nearby as well as water sports activities.
6. Seagulls Park – a popular attraction for children, which offers interactive games, rides and shows.
7. Aquarium Ciovo – an impressive aquarium that is home to a wide variety of species of fish and other sea creatures.
8. Pine Forest – a stunning area of pine trees perfect for taking in the beautiful nature of the island.
9. Stolička Beach – one of the most beautiful beaches on the island with its white pebbly shoreline.
Which food places should I try in Ciovo?
Some of the best places to eat food in Ciovo, Croatia include:
1. Konoba Nono – a restaurant serving delicious traditional Croatian cuisine.
2. La Luna – an Italian restaurant located on the beach in Okrug Gornji.
3. Restaurant Riva – a seafood restaurant offering fresh catches from the waters around Ciovo.
4. Bistro Frapa – a popular spot for lunch and dinner with views of the marina.
5. Pizza Piazza – an Italian eatery with a Mediterranean vibe serving up classic pizzas and pasta dishes.
6. Taverna Morska Vila – a family-run tavern famous for its seafood dishes and grilled meats.
What are popular shopping places in Ciovo?
The best places to do shopping in Ciovo, Croatia include:
1. Trogir Market – a traditional market with an array of stalls selling local produce, souvenirs and handmade items.
2. Okrug Gornji Shopping Center – a small shopping center featuring a variety of stores offering clothing, footwear and accessories.
3. Mall Soline – one of the largest shopping malls on the island with over 60 stores offering fashion, beauty products as well electronics.
4. La Luna Boutique – a trendy boutique store located in Okrug Gornji stocking designer brands and unique items from around the world.
5. Blato Street Market – held every Wednesday morning this market features local vendors selling fresh fruit and vegetables, flowers and plants.
6. Nautic Center – a store selling sailing and water sports equipment, as well as clothing for the beach.
What are the best places to enjoy nightlife in Ciovo?
Some of the best nightlife options in Ciovo, Croatia include:
1. The Glass Bar – a popular spot for drinks and dancing located in Okrug Gornji.
2. Mojito Beach Kiosk – an outdoor bar on the beach featuring a variety of cocktails and live music.
3. Bluemarine Disco Club – one of the largest nightclubs on the island playing both local and international music hits.
4. Art Cafe Siesta – a chic cafe perfect for grabbing a quick drink or enjoying some live music performances.
5. Nightclub Nuevo – another great nightclub offering delicious food and drinks, as well as nightly events such as karaoke nights and pool parties.
6. Balu Bar – an outdoor bar located on the beach with a variety of drinks and delicious food.
7. Fantasia – one of the most popular bars in Okrug Gornji, known for its lively atmosphere and great music.
What are some good day trips from Ciovo?
Some of the best day trips near Ciovo include:
1. Vis Island – an island located just off the coast of Ciovo, known for its stunning beaches and crystal clear waters.
2. National Park Krka Waterfalls – a national park featuring breathtaking waterfalls, hiking trails and swimming spots.
3. Split Old Town – explore the historic streets of Split, with its ancient Diocletian’s Palace and UNESCO protected sites.
4. Trogir Old Town – located on a small island just a few kilometers from Ciovo, this town is filled with cobblestone streets and Venetian architecture.
5. Sibenik Ancient City – one of Croatia’s oldest cities with plenty of historical sites to explore, including the Cathedral of St. James.
6. Primosten Peninsula – a picturesque peninsula surrounded by the Adriatic Sea, offering stunning views and quiet beaches.
7. Hvar Island – take a boat ride to this beautiful island located in the center of Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast for some sunbathing or sailing.