Fun Things to Do in Rab | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Rab! Located in the Adriatic Sea, Rab is a picturesque island known for its stunning beaches, rich history, and charming medieval town. With its mild Mediterranean climate, Rab offers a perfect destination for those seeking a relaxing beach getaway. The island is famous for its sandy beaches, such as Paradise Beach and Pudarica Beach, which are ideal for sunbathing and swimming in the crystal-clear turquoise waters. In addition to its natural beauty, Rab is also home to a well-preserved old town, featuring narrow cobblestone streets, ancient churches, and medieval walls. Visitors can explore the town's historical landmarks, including the four bell towers, the Cathedral of St. Mary the Great, and the Church of St. Justine. Whether you're a history enthusiast, a beach lover, or simply looking to unwind in a charming coastal setting, Rab has something to offer for everyone.
Rab Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Rab for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Rab in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Rab Trip
Planning a trip to Rab on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Rab
Rab Travel Guide
Quick overview of Rab with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Rab
Rab is a beautiful island located in the Adriatic Sea. It offers a variety of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Here are some things to do in Rab:
1. Explore the Old Town: Rab's Old Town is a well-preserved medieval town with narrow streets, charming squares, and historic buildings. Take a leisurely stroll through the town and admire the architecture of the churches, palaces, and bell towers.
2. Visit the Cathedral of St. Mary the Great: This impressive cathedral is one of the main landmarks in Rab. Admire its stunning Gothic and Romanesque features, including the bell tower and portal. Inside, you can see beautiful frescoes and artworks.
3. Relax on the Beaches: Rab is known for its beautiful beaches. The most famous one is Rajska Plaza (Paradise Beach), which offers crystal-clear waters and sandy shores. Other popular beaches include Pudarica Beach and Suha Punta.
4. Take a Boat Trip: Explore the surrounding islands and hidden coves by taking a boat trip from Rab. You can visit Goli Otok, a former political prison, or Grgur Island, known for its untouched nature and hiking trails.
5. Hike in the Kalifront Forest: The Kalifront Forest is a protected nature park located on the Kalifront Peninsula. It offers numerous hiking and cycling trails through dense pine forests, providing stunning views of the coastline.
6. Try Local Cuisine: Rab is known for its delicious seafood and Mediterranean cuisine. Visit one of the local restaurants and try dishes like scampi, octopus salad, or lamb prepared in traditional ways.
7. Attend a Festival: Rab hosts various festivals throughout the year, celebrating its cultural heritage and traditions. The most famous one is the Rabska Fjera, a medieval festival that takes place in July and includes costumed parades, music, and dancing.
Tours And Activities In Rab
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Rab at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Rab
The best time to visit Rab is during the summer months of June, July, and August. During this time, the weather is warm and sunny, with average temperatures ranging from 25 to 30 degrees Celsius. The sea temperature is also pleasantly warm, making it ideal for swimming and other water activities. Additionally, tourist attractions such as the historic town of Rab and its medieval architecture, as well as the beautiful beaches and natural landscapes, are all open and accessible during the summer months. However, it is important to note that summer is the peak tourist season, so the island can get quite crowded. If you prefer a quieter and more peaceful experience, late spring or early autumn can also be good times to visit Rab, as the weather is still pleasant and the crowds are smaller.
Flight Calendar For Rab
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Rab.
Best Hotels To Stay In Rab
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Rab's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Rab
Rab is a beautiful destination with several areas that offer great accommodation options. Here are a few of the best areas to consider:
1. Rab Town: Located on the island of Rab, Rab Town is the main hub and offers a range of accommodation options, including hotels, guesthouses, and apartments. The town is known for its charming old town, stunning beaches, and vibrant atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy exploring historical sites such as the Cathedral of St. Mary and the Church of St. Justine.
2. Lopar: Situated on the northern part of the island, Lopar is known for its sandy beaches, making it an ideal area for families and beach lovers. The area offers a variety of accommodation options, including resorts, hotels, and private rentals. One of the main attractions in Lopar is the famous Paradise Beach, which stretches over 1.5 kilometers and offers crystal-clear waters and a range of water sports activities.
3. Kampor: Located on the southwestern part of the island, Kampor is a peaceful area known for its lush greenery and beautiful landscapes. It offers a mix of accommodation options, including campsites, apartments, and holiday homes. Kampor is a great choice for nature enthusiasts, as it is surrounded by pine forests and offers easy access to hiking and biking trails.
4. Barbat: Situated on the southeastern part of the island, Barbat is a popular area for those seeking a more relaxed and laid-back atmosphere. It offers a range of accommodation options, including hotels, guesthouses, and private rentals. Barbat is known for its picturesque waterfront promenade, where visitors can enjoy scenic walks and dine at local restaurants offering fresh seafood.
Overall, Rab offers a variety of areas for accommodation, each with its own unique charm and attractions. Whether you prefer a bustling town atmosphere, sandy beaches, peaceful nature surroundings, or a relaxed waterfront experience, Rab has something to offer for every traveler.
Hotels Map Of Rab
Easily navigate your Rab journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Rab with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Rab
There are several transportation options to Rab.
1. By Air: The nearest airport to Rab is Rijeka Airport (also known as Krk Airport), which is located on the nearby island of Krk. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to the ferry port in Valbiska, and then take a ferry to Rab.
2. By Ferry: Rab is well-connected by ferry services from various ports in Croatia and Italy. You can take a ferry from the mainland port of Jablanac to Misnjak on Rab. There are also ferry services from other Croatian islands such as Krk, Cres, and Pag. Additionally, there are ferry connections from Italy, with services from the ports of Rovinj, Pula, and Venice.
3. By Bus: Rab is accessible by bus from various cities in Croatia. There are regular bus services from Zagreb, Rijeka, Zadar, Split, and other major cities. The bus journey usually involves a ferry crossing from the mainland to the island of Rab.
4. By Car: If you prefer to drive, you can reach Rab by car via the mainland and then taking a ferry to the island. The nearest mainland port is Jablanac, where you can board a ferry to Misnjak on Rab. The journey by car from major cities in Croatia is usually straightforward, with well-maintained roads leading to the ferry ports.
Once you arrive in Rab, there are local buses and taxis available for transportation within the island. Additionally, Rab is a relatively small island, and it is possible to explore it on foot or by renting a bicycle or scooter.
Rent A Car In Rab
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Rab.
Nearby Destinantion From Rab
1. Lopar: A picturesque coastal village known for its sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters.
2. Banjol: A charming town with a historic old town and a vibrant marina.
3. Barbat: A tranquil village famous for its beautiful pebble beaches and stunning sunsets.
4. Supetarska Draga: A scenic bay area offering a peaceful atmosphere and excellent opportunities for boating and fishing.
5. Kampor: A small village surrounded by lush greenery and offering a range of outdoor activities such as hiking and cycling.
6. Mundanije: A quaint village nestled in the hills, known for its traditional architecture and stunning panoramic views.
7. Palit: A coastal town with a lively waterfront promenade and a variety of restaurants serving delicious seafood.
8. Krk: A historic island town with a rich cultural heritage and a bustling waterfront lined with shops and cafes.
9. Cres: A charming island town known for its medieval architecture and beautiful beaches.
10. Pag: A vibrant town famous for its unique lace-making tradition and lively nightlife scene.