Frequently Asked Questions About Beni Mellal
Located in the heart of Morocco’s Middle Atlas Mountains, Beni Mellal is a vibrant city full of rich culture and history. From its traditional markets to its stunning scenery, this region offers plenty for visitors to explore. With its diverse array of shopping opportunities, lively nightlife options, and numerous day trips nearby, Beni Mellal is an ideal destination for those looking to experience all that Morocco has to offer. Whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation, Beni Mellal will provide you with an unforgettable experience.
Which time of the year is best to visit Beni Mellal?
The best time to visit Beni Mellal is during the months of April, May and June. These months have mild temperatures and clear skies, providing ideal conditions for sightseeing and outdoor activities. During these months, there are fewer crowds so it makes it easier to explore the city’s culture and attractions without having to fight your way through large groups of people. In addition, accommodation prices tend to be lower during this period as well, making the experience more affordable. However, if you plan on visiting in July or August bear in mind that the city can be quite hot during those months. It's best to bring plenty of water with you when exploring Beni Mellal at this time!
Where to stay in Beni Mellal when visiting?
The best area to stay in Beni Mellal is the city centre. This area offers a wide range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly hotels to luxury resorts. The city centre is also home to many popular attractions and landmarks, such as the Ain Asserdoun Park and the Kasbah of Beni Mellal. It's also close to other important sites like the Oued Tensift Nature Reserve, which makes it easy for visitors to explore everything that Beni Mellal has to offer. In addition, this district is well connected by public transport and taxis so getting around should be no problem at all.
What are popular places to visit in Beni Mellal?
The popular attractions in Beni Mellal include:
1. Ain Asserdoun Park, an oasis of green space in the city centre.
2. Kasbah of Beni Mellal, a fortress built by King Yacoub el Mansour in 1184.
3. Oued Tensift Nature Reserve, where visitors can observe a variety of birds and other wildlife.
4. Moulay Abdallah Mosque, which features some beautiful examples of Islamic architecture from the 13th century.
5. La Kasbah des Oudaïa Museum, a museum housing artifacts from all periods of local history.
6. Hassan II Square and Mausoleum, home to the mausoleum of Sultan Muhammad bin Yusuf bin Ali Al-Tahiri.
7. Jardin Public, a lush public garden that is perfect for picnics and relaxation.
8. Oulad Ziane Hot Springs, with its therapeutic waters renowned for their healing effects.
9. Ras El Ain Waterfalls, an impressive set of waterfalls in the middle of the mountains.
10. Beni Mellal Zoo, where visitors can observe animals from all over Morocco.
11. La Corniche de la Moulouya River, a popular spot for fishing and swimming during summertime.
Which are the popular places to eat food in Beni Mellal?
The best places to eat food in Beni Mellal include:
1. Al Mansour Restaurant, which serves a variety of traditional Moroccan dishes such as couscous and tajine.
2. El Medina Café, located in the heart of the city offering delicious pizzas and salads.
3. La Casbah des Oudaïa Restaurant, serving local specialties such as pastilla and mechoui.
4. Le Jardin Public Restaurant, overlooking the beautiful garden with its outdoor terrace perfect for an al fresco dining experience.
5. Fès Restaurant, a modern restaurant specializing in French cuisine.
6. Kamar Cafe & Grill, where guests can enjoy grilled kebabs and burgers.
7. La Kora Restaurant, offering fresh seafood dishes with an Italian twist.
8. Al Mouahadine Cafe, offering sweet and savory pastries as well as traditional teas and coffees.
9. Al Khayam Restaurant, offering a range of Middle Eastern favourites such as falafel and hummus.
10. Le Chardon D’or Restaurant, serving up delicious French cuisine in a cozy atmosphere.
What are popular shopping places in Beni Mellal?
The best places to do shopping in Beni Mellal include:
1. Al Jazira Shopping Centre, which has a wide range of shops selling everything from clothes and accessories to electronics.
2. Souk El Had d’Beni Mellal, the largest traditional market in the city with hundreds of vendors offering handmade items such as carpets and jewelry.
3. Avenue des Nations Unies, a popular street lined with stores selling local products and souvenirs.
4. Place el Fès, a bustling plaza filled with vendors, cafes and restaurants where locals gather to buy all sorts of goods.
5. Place du Marche Central, where visitors can find fresh produce as well as clothing and other items.
6. Assoufid Shopping Centre, which has a wide selection of international and local brands.
7. Fès Mall, an upscale shopping centre with designer stores, restaurants and cafes.
8. Dar Nour Market, offering a variety of spices, herbs and other food items from all over Morocco.
9. La Mazarine Mall, a modern mall with shops selling everything from clothes to electronics.
10. Kasbah Mellah Souk, where visitors can find traditional leather goods and souvenirs.
11. Place du 11 Janvier, the perfect spot for bargain hunters looking for second hand items such as clothes or furniture.
What are some of the best nightlife spots in Beni Mellal?
The best nightlife options in Beni Mellal include:
1. Gold’s Pub, a lively bar serving drinks and pub grub.
2. Le Palace Nightclub, where guests can enjoy music and dancing until the early hours of the morning.
3. La Chabine Bar, offering a variety of cocktails and snacks in a cozy atmosphere.
4. L’oiseaux Bar, with its romantic ambiance perfect for enjoying drinks with friends.
5. The Blue Note Café, which hosts live jazz performances every Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
6. La Terrasse des Remparts, an outdoor terrace overlooking stunning views of the city skyline.
7. El Medina Club, one of the most popular clubs in town with a variety of music and dancing.
8. Le Petit Café, located in the heart of the city offering signature cocktails and light snacks.
9. La Boite Nightclub, a lively club playing the latest in hip hop and R&B tunes.
10. Mado’s Bar, where guests can enjoy live music performances on weekends.
11. The Big Beni Mellal Pub, which offers a selection of local beers and ciders as well as pub games such as darts.
12. Le Pacha Club, an upscale club featuring dance floors and DJ sets all night long.
What are some good day trips from Beni Mellal?
The best day trips near Beni Mellal include:
1. Moulay Idriss, a holy city situated at the foot of Mount Zerhoun with several historical sites to explore.
2. Meknes, an ancient imperial city filled with magnificent architecture and gardens.
3. Volubilis, the remains of a Roman Empire town that is now listed on UNESCO’s World Heritage list.
4. The Middle Atlas Mountains, where visitors can enjoy breathtaking views of valleys and forests along with various outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and horseback riding.
5. Fez, one of Morocco’s oldest cities boasting beautiful markets and mosques.
6. Salé, a vibrant coastal city home to a number of museums and monuments.
7. The Azrou Forest, the largest cedar forest in the Middle Atlas Mountains offering plenty of opportunities for birdwatching and wildlife spotting.
8. Oualidia, a tranquil fishing village surrounded by beautiful beaches and lagoons perfect for swimming or sunbathing.
9. Marrakech, Morocco’s most bustling city with lively souks, gardens and historical sites to explore.
10. Casablanca, one of the country’s most popular cities boasting exquisite architecture and art galleries.
11. El Jadida, an ancient fortified city with stunning beaches and markets to explore.