Fun Things to Do in Busuanga Island | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Busuanga Island, a hidden gem in the Philippines that is sure to captivate your senses and leave you in awe of its natural beauty. Located in the province of Palawan, Busuanga Island is renowned for its pristine beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, and abundant marine life. Whether you are a nature enthusiast, an adventure seeker, or simply looking for a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life, Busuanga Island offers a plethora of activities and attractions to suit every traveler's taste. From exploring the enchanting Coron Bay and its famous shipwrecks to embarking on thrilling island-hopping adventures, this tropical paradise promises an unforgettable experience like no other. So pack your bags, immerse yourself in the rich culture and breathtaking landscapes, and get ready to create memories that will last a lifetime on Busuanga Island.
Busuanga Island Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Busuanga Island for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Busuanga Island in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Busuanga Island Trip
Planning a trip to Busuanga Island on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Busuanga Island
Busuanga Island Travel Guide
Quick overview of Busuanga Island with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Busuanga Island
Busuanga Island, located in the Philippines, offers a plethora of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you are a nature lover, an adventure seeker, or simply looking to relax and unwind, this stunning island has something for everyone.
One of the main attractions on Busuanga Island is the Calauit Safari Park, which is home to a variety of exotic animals. Visitors can take a guided tour of the park and get up close and personal with animals such as giraffes, zebras, and even endangered species like the Calamian deer. It is a unique opportunity to experience a safari-like adventure in the Philippines.
For those who enjoy water activities, Busuanga Island offers world-class diving and snorkeling opportunities. The island is surrounded by crystal-clear waters teeming with vibrant coral reefs and diverse marine life. Divers can explore famous dive sites such as the Japanese Shipwrecks, where they can discover sunken World War II vessels and encounter an array of colorful fish species. Snorkelers can also enjoy the beauty of the underwater world by exploring shallow reefs and swimming alongside tropical fish.
If you are seeking adrenaline-pumping adventures, Busuanga Island has you covered. The island is known for its thrilling island-hopping tours, where visitors can explore hidden lagoons, pristine beaches, and picturesque islands. These tours often include activities such as kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, and cliff jumping, providing an unforgettable experience for adventure enthusiasts.
For those looking to relax and rejuvenate, Busuanga Island offers idyllic beaches and luxurious resorts. Visitors can spend their days lounging on white sandy shores, soaking up the sun, and taking refreshing dips in the turquoise waters. Many resorts also offer spa services and wellness activities, allowing guests to indulge in massages, yoga classes, and other treatments to unwind and find inner peace.
Additionally, Busuanga Island is a paradise for nature lovers. The island is blessed with lush forests, majestic mountains, and breathtaking landscapes. Hiking enthusiasts can embark on treks to Mount Tapyas, which offers panoramic views of the island, or explore the Concepcion Falls, a stunning waterfall nestled in the heart of the island's wilderness.
Tours And Activities In Busuanga Island
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Busuanga Island at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Busuanga Island
The best time to visit Busuanga Island in the Philippines is during the dry season, which typically runs from November to April. This is when the island experiences less rainfall and more sunshine, making it ideal for outdoor activities such as beach hopping, snorkeling, and diving. The temperature during this time ranges from 25 to 32 degrees Celsius, providing a comfortable climate for tourists. However, it is important to note that December to February is considered the peak season, so expect higher prices and larger crowds during this time. If you prefer a quieter and more affordable experience, consider visiting during the shoulder seasons of November or April, when the weather is still pleasant but the tourist influx is lower.
Flight Calendar For Busuanga Island
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Busuanga Island.
Best Hotels To Stay In Busuanga Island
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Busuanga Island's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Busuanga Island
Busuanga Island, located in the Philippines, offers a variety of excellent areas for accommodation. Whether you are seeking a tranquil beachfront retreat or a bustling town with convenient amenities, Busuanga Island has something for everyone.
Coron Town is a popular choice for tourists due to its proximity to the airport and its vibrant atmosphere. Here, you will find a wide range of accommodations, from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxurious resorts. Coron Town is also known for its lively nightlife, bustling markets, and delicious local cuisine.
If you prefer a more secluded and peaceful setting, Concepcion is an ideal area to consider. This charming fishing village offers stunning views of the surrounding islands and is perfect for those looking to unwind and reconnect with nature. Accommodations in Concepcion range from cozy beachfront cottages to eco-friendly resorts, providing a serene and eco-conscious experience.
For those seeking a beachfront paradise, Bintuan is a fantastic choice. This area boasts pristine white sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and breathtaking sunsets. Bintuan offers a range of accommodations, including beachfront villas and resorts, allowing visitors to enjoy the beauty of the island right at their doorstep.
If you are an avid diver or snorkeler, San Jose is the place to be. This area is renowned for its vibrant coral reefs and diverse marine life. San Jose offers a variety of accommodations, including dive resorts and beachfront hotels, making it convenient for water enthusiasts to explore the underwater wonders of Busuanga Island.
Lastly, New Busuanga is a great option for those looking to immerse themselves in the local culture and experience the island's traditional way of life. This area offers homestays and guesthouses, allowing visitors to interact with the friendly locals and learn about their customs and traditions.
In conclusion, Busuanga Island in the Philippines offers a range of excellent areas for accommodation. Whether you prefer the lively atmosphere of Coron Town, the tranquility of Concepcion, the beachfront paradise of Bintuan, the diving haven of San Jose, or the cultural experience of New Busuanga, you are sure to find the perfect place to stay and create unforgettable memories.
Hotels Map Of Busuanga Island
Easily navigate your Busuanga Island journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Busuanga Island with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Busuanga Island
There are several transportation options to Busuanga Island.
1. By Air: The most convenient way to reach Busuanga Island is by air. There are daily flights from Manila to Busuanga Airport (Francisco B. Reyes Airport) operated by Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and SkyJet. The flight duration is approximately 1 hour.
2. By Ferry: If you prefer a scenic journey, you can take a ferry from Manila to Coron, which is the main town on Busuanga Island. The ferry ride takes around 11-12 hours and is operated by 2GO Travel and Montenegro Lines. From Coron, you can then take a short boat ride to your desired destination on Busuanga Island.
3. By Private Boat: If you have your own boat or are chartering one, you can sail directly to Busuanga Island. There are marinas and docking facilities available in Coron for private boats.
Once you arrive on Busuanga Island, you can hire a tricycle, rent a motorcycle, or arrange for a private van transfer to reach your specific destination on the island.
Rent A Car In Busuanga Island
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Busuanga Island.
Nearby Destinantion From Busuanga Island
1. Coron - A popular tourist destination known for its stunning limestone cliffs and crystal-clear lakes.
2. El Nido - A tropical paradise with pristine beaches, towering limestone formations, and vibrant marine life.
3. Puerto Princesa - Home to the famous Underground River, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a bustling city with various attractions.
4. San Vicente - A tranquil coastal town boasting a 14-kilometer-long white sand beach, perfect for relaxation and beach activities.
5. Taytay - A historical town with a well-preserved Spanish fort and a gateway to the stunning islands of the Bacuit Archipelago.
6. Roxas - A laid-back municipality known for its seafood delicacies and as a jump-off point to explore nearby islands and beaches.
7. Dumaran - A hidden gem offering unspoiled beaches, lush mangrove forests, and a peaceful ambiance for nature lovers.
8. Linapacan - A remote island municipality with pristine waters, secluded beaches, and a paradise for island-hopping enthusiasts.
9. Culion - A former leper colony turned into a charming town with historical sites, beautiful beaches, and a rich cultural heritage.
10. Brooke's Point - A scenic town known for its agricultural landscapes, waterfalls, and as a gateway to the southern part of Palawan.