Fun Things to Do in El Nido | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
El Nido, located in the province of Palawan in the Philippines, is a tropical paradise that offers breathtaking natural beauty and a plethora of outdoor activities. Known for its crystal-clear turquoise waters, towering limestone cliffs, and pristine white sandy beaches, El Nido is a dream destination for beach lovers and adventure seekers alike. The town is surrounded by numerous islands and islets, each with its own unique charm and attractions. Whether you want to go island hopping, snorkeling, diving, or simply relax on the beach, El Nido has something for everyone. Additionally, the area is home to diverse marine life and vibrant coral reefs, making it a haven for underwater enthusiasts. With its stunning landscapes and warm hospitality, El Nido is a must-visit destination for those seeking an unforgettable tropical getaway.
El Nido Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about El Nido for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in El Nido in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book El Nido Trip
Planning a trip to El Nido on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In El Nido
El Nido Travel Guide
Quick overview of El Nido with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In El Nido
El Nido is a stunning destination that offers a plethora of activities for visitors to enjoy. Located in the province of Palawan, this tropical paradise is known for its crystal-clear waters, limestone cliffs, and pristine beaches. Here are some must-do activities in El Nido:
1. Island Hopping: El Nido is famous for its island hopping tours, which allow visitors to explore the breathtaking beauty of the Bacuit Archipelago. Hop on a boat and visit popular spots like Big Lagoon, Small Lagoon, Secret Lagoon, and Seven Commandos Beach. Each island has its own unique charm and offers opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing.
2. Scuba Diving: El Nido is a diver's paradise, with its vibrant coral reefs and diverse marine life. Embark on a scuba diving adventure and discover the underwater wonders of Bacuit Bay. Explore dive sites like South Miniloc, North Rock, and Twin Rocks to witness colorful coral gardens, sea turtles, and schools of tropical fish.
3. Nacpan Beach: Escape the crowds and head to Nacpan Beach, a hidden gem located just a short drive from El Nido town. Relax on the powdery white sand, take a dip in the turquoise waters, and enjoy the stunning panoramic views. Don't forget to catch the breathtaking sunset from this picturesque beach.
4. Taraw Cliff: For the adventurous souls, a hike up Taraw Cliff is a must. Challenge yourself as you climb the jagged limestone cliffs and be rewarded with a bird's-eye view of El Nido town and the surrounding islands. Take caution and hire a local guide for a safe and memorable experience.
5. Las Cabanas Beach: Another beautiful beach near El Nido town is Las Cabanas Beach. Spend a day here lounging on the soft sand, swimming in the clear waters, and enjoying delicious food and drinks at the beachfront restaurants and bars. Don't miss the opportunity to try the thrilling zipline that takes you from Las Cabanas Beach to Duli Beach.
Tours And Activities In El Nido
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around El Nido at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit El Nido
The best time to visit El Nido is during the dry season, which typically runs from November to May. This is when the weather is sunny and dry, making it ideal for beach activities and island hopping. The peak season in El Nido is from December to March, so if you prefer less crowded beaches and lower prices, it is recommended to visit during the shoulder months of November or April. However, it is important to note that El Nido can still be visited year-round, as even during the wet season from June to October, there are still periods of sunshine and calm weather. Just be prepared for occasional rain showers and higher chances of typhoons during this time.
Flight Calendar For El Nido
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to El Nido.
Best Hotels To Stay In El Nido
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near El Nido's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In El Nido
El Nido is a stunning destination known for its breathtaking beaches and crystal-clear waters. When it comes to finding accommodation in El Nido, there are several areas that stand out for their convenience and beauty.
Corong-Corong is a popular area for accommodation in El Nido, thanks to its proximity to the town center and its stunning beachfront location. This area offers a range of accommodations, from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxurious beachfront resorts. With its laid-back atmosphere and beautiful sunsets, Corong-Corong is a great choice for those looking for a relaxing beach getaway.
Bacuit Bay is another fantastic area for accommodation in El Nido. This area is known for its stunning limestone cliffs and secluded beaches, making it a paradise for nature lovers. Bacuit Bay offers a range of accommodations, including beachfront resorts and eco-lodges nestled in the lush jungle. Staying in Bacuit Bay allows visitors to easily explore the nearby islands and enjoy activities such as island hopping and snorkeling.
Lio Beach is a newer development in El Nido that has quickly gained popularity among travelers. This area offers a more upscale and luxurious experience, with high-end resorts and villas dotting the pristine beachfront. Lio Beach is known for its sustainability efforts and eco-friendly practices, making it a great choice for those who prioritize responsible tourism.
Lastly, El Nido Town itself is a convenient area for accommodation, especially for those who want to be close to the town's amenities and nightlife. This area offers a range of accommodations, from budget-friendly guesthouses to mid-range hotels. Staying in El Nido Town allows visitors to easily explore the local markets, restaurants, and bars, as well as access the boat tours that depart from the town's main beach.
Overall, El Nido offers a variety of accommodation options in different areas, each with its own unique charm and advantages. Whether you prefer a beachfront retreat, a secluded eco-lodge, or a convenient stay in the town center, El Nido has something to offer for every type of traveler.
Hotels Map Of El Nido
Easily navigate your El Nido journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of El Nido with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To El Nido
There are several transportation options to get to El Nido:
1. By Air: The nearest airport to El Nido is the El Nido Airport (ENI), which is served by domestic flights from Manila and Cebu. Several airlines, such as AirSwift and Cebu Pacific, operate regular flights to El Nido.
2. By Ferry: You can also reach El Nido by taking a ferry from Manila or Coron. Montenegro Lines and 2GO Travel are two popular ferry operators that offer services to El Nido.
3. By Bus: If you prefer overland travel, you can take a bus from Puerto Princesa, the capital city of Palawan. The journey takes around 5-6 hours, depending on the traffic and road conditions.
4. By Private Transfer: Another option is to hire a private transfer service, such as a van or car, to take you directly from Puerto Princesa or other nearby cities to El Nido. This option offers more flexibility and convenience, especially if you are traveling with a group or have a lot of luggage.
It is recommended to check the schedules and availability of transportation options in advance, especially during peak travel seasons, to ensure a smooth journey to El Nido.
Rent A Car In El Nido
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in El Nido.
Nearby Destinantion From El Nido
1. Puerto Princesa: A bustling city known for its underground river and wildlife reserves.
2. Coron: A picturesque town famous for its stunning limestone cliffs and crystal-clear lakes.
3. Taytay: A historical town with a well-preserved Spanish fort and beautiful beaches.
4. Port Barton: A laid-back village offering pristine beaches and excellent snorkeling opportunities.
5. San Vicente: A tranquil coastal town boasting a long stretch of white sand beach and untouched natural beauty.
6. Narra: A charming municipality known for its lush forests, waterfalls, and diverse wildlife.
7. Roxas: A peaceful town surrounded by rice fields and coconut plantations, offering a glimpse into rural life in the Philippines.
8. Brooke's Point: A scenic municipality with stunning mountain ranges, caves, and a vibrant fishing industry.
9. Quezon: A small town known for its agricultural landscapes, including vast rice fields and fruit plantations.
10. Bataraza: A mining town with unique geological formations and a rich cultural heritage.