Fun Things to Do in Manila | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Manila, the vibrant capital city of the Philippines! Located on the eastern shores of Manila Bay, this bustling metropolis is a melting pot of cultures, history, and modernity. As you explore the city, you'll be captivated by its rich heritage, from the Spanish colonial architecture of Intramuros to the bustling markets of Quiapo. Manila is also known for its vibrant nightlife, with numerous bars, clubs, and live music venues scattered throughout the city. Don't miss the opportunity to indulge in the local cuisine, which is a delightful fusion of Spanish, Chinese, and Malay influences. Whether you're interested in history, shopping, or simply immersing yourself in the vibrant atmosphere, Manila offers a unique and unforgettable travel experience.
Manila Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Manila for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Manila in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Manila Trip
Planning a trip to Manila on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Manila
Manila Travel Guide
Quick overview of Manila with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Manila
There are numerous things to do in Manila that cater to a wide range of interests.
One of the main attractions in Manila is the Intramuros, a historic walled city that dates back to the Spanish colonial period. Visitors can explore the well-preserved fortifications, visit historic churches such as the San Agustin Church, and learn about the city's history at the Intramuros Museum.
For those interested in cultural experiences, a visit to the National Museum of the Philippines is a must. This museum houses a vast collection of artifacts, artworks, and archaeological finds that showcase the country's rich cultural heritage. Additionally, the Cultural Center of the Philippines offers a variety of performing arts shows and exhibitions.
Manila is also known for its vibrant food scene. Exploring the street food stalls and local markets is a great way to sample authentic Filipino cuisine. Binondo, the city's Chinatown, is a popular destination for food enthusiasts, offering a wide array of Chinese delicacies and traditional Filipino-Chinese dishes.
For nature lovers, a visit to Rizal Park is a must. This urban park offers a peaceful retreat from the bustling city and features beautiful gardens, monuments, and even a light and sound show in the evenings. Another highlight is the Manila Ocean Park, where visitors can get up close and personal with various marine creatures through aquarium exhibits and interactive shows.
Shopping enthusiasts will find plenty of retail therapy options in Manila. The SM Mall of Asia, one of the largest shopping malls in the world, offers a wide range of international and local brands, as well as entertainment facilities such as an ice skating rink and a cinema. For a more unique shopping experience, Divisoria is a bustling market known for its affordable goods and bargaining opportunities.
Lastly, Manila's nightlife scene is vibrant and diverse. The Poblacion neighborhood is known for its hip bars, live music venues, and rooftop bars that offer stunning views of the city skyline.
Tours And Activities In Manila
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Manila at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Manila
The best time to visit Manila is during the dry season, which runs from November to April. This is when the city experiences less rainfall and more sunshine, making it ideal for outdoor activities and sightseeing. The temperature during this time ranges from 25 to 32 degrees Celsius (77 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit), providing a comfortable climate for exploring the city's attractions. However, it is important to note that Manila can get quite crowded during the holiday season in December, so if you prefer a quieter experience, it may be best to visit in November or early April.
Flight Calendar For Manila
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Manila.
Best Hotels To Stay In Manila
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Manila's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Manila
Manila, the capital city of the Philippines, offers a variety of areas for accommodation that cater to different preferences and needs. Here are some of the best areas to consider:
1. Makati: Known as the country's financial center, Makati is a bustling area with numerous high-end hotels, serviced apartments, and condominiums. It boasts a vibrant nightlife, upscale shopping malls, and a wide range of dining options. Makati is also conveniently located near the central business district, making it an ideal choice for business travelers.
2. Bonifacio Global City (BGC): BGC is a rapidly developing area that offers a modern and cosmopolitan lifestyle. It features upscale residential buildings, trendy restaurants, and a vibrant arts and culture scene. BGC is known for its wide, tree-lined streets and well-planned urban design. It is a popular choice for expatriates and young professionals due to its proximity to offices, international schools, and recreational facilities.
3. Intramuros: For those seeking a glimpse of Manila's rich history, Intramuros is the place to be. This walled city showcases Spanish colonial architecture and historical landmarks such as Fort Santiago and San Agustin Church. Accommodation options in Intramuros are limited but include boutique hotels and guesthouses that offer a unique and charming experience.
4. Quezon City: As the largest city in Metro Manila, Quezon City offers a diverse range of accommodation options. It is home to several universities, shopping centers, and entertainment hubs. Quezon City is known for its vibrant nightlife, with numerous bars, clubs, and live music venues. It is a great choice for budget-conscious travelers as it offers a wide range of affordable hotels and guesthouses.
5. Pasay: Located near the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Pasay is a convenient area for travelers who want to be close to the airport and major transportation hubs. It is also home to popular tourist attractions such as the Cultural Center of the Philippines and the Mall of Asia. Pasay offers a mix of budget and mid-range hotels, making it suitable for both leisure and business travelers.
Overall, Manila offers a diverse range of accommodation options in various areas, each with its own unique charm and advantages. Whether you prefer a bustling city center, a historical enclave, or a modern and cosmopolitan lifestyle, Manila has something to offer for every traveler.
Hotels Map Of Manila
Easily navigate your Manila journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Manila with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Manila
There are several transportation options to Manila. You can fly into Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL), which is the main international gateway to the city. From the airport, you can take a taxi, ride-sharing service, or airport shuttle to your destination in Manila.
If you are already in the Philippines, you can also travel to Manila by bus or train. There are several bus companies that operate routes to Manila from various cities in the country. The Philippine National Railways also has train services that connect Manila to nearby provinces.
Once in Manila, you can get around the city using various modes of transportation such as taxis, ride-sharing services, jeepneys (local public utility vehicles), buses, and the metro rail transit system.
Rent A Car In Manila
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Manila.
Nearby Destinantion From Manila
1. Quezon City: The largest city in Metro Manila known for its vibrant nightlife and shopping centers.
2. Makati City: The financial center of the Philippines, home to numerous multinational corporations and upscale shopping malls.
3. Pasig City: A bustling city known for its modern residential developments and the famous Ortigas Center.
4. Taguig City: Home to the Bonifacio Global City, a thriving business district with high-end residential areas and trendy restaurants.
5. Paranaque City: Known for its entertainment and gaming industry, hosting several casinos and resorts.
6. Mandaluyong City: A highly urbanized city with a mix of residential, commercial, and industrial areas, including the famous shopping destination, Greenfield District.
7. San Juan City: A small city known for its historical sites, including the Pinaglabanan Shrine and the Greenhills Shopping Center.
8. Pasay City: Home to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport and several major entertainment venues, such as the Mall of Asia Arena.
9. Caloocan City: A highly populous city known for its historical significance, including the Andres Bonifacio Monument and the Balintawak Market.
10. Valenzuela City: A progressive city known for its industrial parks and manufacturing industries, contributing to the country's economic growth.