Fun Things to Do in Negros Island | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Negros Island, a hidden gem in the Philippines that offers a unique blend of natural wonders, cultural heritage, and warm hospitality. Located in the Visayas region, Negros Island is the fourth largest island in the country and is divided into two provinces, Negros Occidental and Negros Oriental. This tropical paradise is known for its stunning white sand beaches, lush mountains, and vibrant marine life, making it a haven for outdoor enthusiasts and beach lovers. Moreover, Negros Island is also rich in history and culture, with its colonial-era architecture, traditional festivals, and mouthwatering local cuisine. Whether you're seeking adventure, relaxation, or a cultural immersion, Negros Island has something to offer for every type of traveler.
Negros Island Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Negros Island for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Negros Island in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Negros Island Trip
Planning a trip to Negros Island on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Negros Island
Negros Island Travel Guide
Quick overview of Negros Island with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Negros Island
Negros Island in the Philippines offers a plethora of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you are a nature lover, history enthusiast, or simply looking for a relaxing getaway, Negros Island has something for everyone.
One of the main attractions on the island is the stunning natural beauty it possesses. The island is home to several pristine beaches where you can soak up the sun, swim in crystal-clear waters, and indulge in various water sports such as snorkeling and diving. Some of the popular beach destinations include Sipalay, Dumaguete, and Danjugan Island.
For those who prefer adventure and outdoor activities, Negros Island offers numerous opportunities. You can embark on a hiking expedition to the majestic mountains of Negros, such as Mount Kanlaon, which is an active volcano and the highest peak on the island. The trekking trails will take you through lush forests, scenic landscapes, and provide breathtaking views from the summit.
Negros Island is also known for its breathtaking waterfalls. One of the must-visit waterfalls is Casaroro Falls, located in Valencia. The falls cascade down a narrow gorge, surrounded by lush vegetation, creating a picturesque setting. You can take a refreshing dip in the cool waters or simply enjoy the tranquility of the surroundings.
For history buffs, Negros Island has a rich cultural heritage waiting to be explored. The city of Silay is known for its well-preserved ancestral houses that showcase the island's Spanish colonial past. You can take a heritage tour and visit these houses, which have been converted into museums, to learn about the island's history and the lives of its prominent families.
Food lovers will also find themselves in paradise on Negros Island. The island is famous for its local delicacies, particularly the mouthwatering chicken inasal and batchoy. You can indulge in these delectable dishes at local eateries and experience the unique flavors of Negros.
Lastly, a visit to Negros Island would not be complete without exploring its vibrant marine life. The island is a diver's paradise, with numerous dive sites teeming with colorful coral reefs and a wide variety of marine species.
Tours And Activities In Negros Island
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Negros Island at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Negros Island
The best time to visit Negros Island in the Philippines is during the dry season, which typically runs from November to April. This is when the island experiences less rainfall and more sunshine, making it ideal for outdoor activities and exploring the island's natural beauty. The temperature during this time is also pleasant, ranging from 25 to 32 degrees Celsius. However, it is important to note that Negros Island can still be visited during the wet season, which occurs from May to October. While there may be more rain during this time, it can also be a great opportunity to witness the island's lush green landscapes and enjoy lower tourist crowds. Ultimately, the best time to visit Negros Island depends on your preferences and what you plan to do during your trip.
Flight Calendar For Negros Island
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Negros Island.
Best Hotels To Stay In Negros Island
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Negros Island's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Negros Island
Negros Island in the Philippines offers a variety of great areas for accommodation. Here are a few of the best areas to consider:
1. Bacolod City: As the capital of Negros Occidental, Bacolod City is a bustling urban center with a vibrant food and cultural scene. It is known as the "City of Smiles" due to the friendly locals. Visitors can find a range of accommodations, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly guesthouses. The city is also a great base for exploring nearby attractions such as The Ruins and Mambukal Mountain Resort.
2. Dumaguete City: Located in Negros Oriental, Dumaguete City is a charming coastal town known for its laid-back atmosphere and beautiful beaches. It is home to several universities, giving it a youthful and vibrant energy. Accommodation options in Dumaguete City range from beachfront resorts to cozy bed and breakfasts. Don't miss the opportunity to visit Apo Island, a popular diving spot just a short boat ride away.
3. Sipalay City: If you're looking for a more secluded and tranquil experience, Sipalay City is the perfect choice. Situated on the southwestern coast of Negros Island, this area boasts stunning white sand beaches and crystal-clear waters. Accommodations in Sipalay City range from beachfront resorts to rustic cottages nestled in nature. It's an ideal destination for those seeking relaxation and outdoor activities like snorkeling and island hopping.
4. Silay City: For history buffs and architecture enthusiasts, Silay City is a must-visit. Known as the "Paris of Negros," this city is home to numerous well-preserved ancestral houses that showcase the Spanish colonial era. Visitors can stay in heritage hotels or bed and breakfasts that offer a glimpse into the city's rich history. Don't forget to explore the Balay Negrense Museum and the San Diego Pro-Cathedral.
5. Bais City: Located on the eastern coast of Negros Island, Bais City is famous for its dolphin and whale watching tours. Visitors can stay in beachfront resorts or eco-lodges that offer a unique experience close to nature. The city is also known for its marine sanctuaries and mangrove forests, making it a great destination for eco-tourism enthusiasts.
Overall, Negros Island offers a diverse range of accommodation options in various areas, each with its own unique charm and
Hotels Map Of Negros Island
Easily navigate your Negros Island journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Negros Island with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Negros Island
There are several transportation options to Negros Island.
1. By Air: The most convenient way to reach Negros Island is by flying to Bacolod-Silay International Airport (BCD) or Dumaguete-Sibulan Airport (DGT). Both airports have regular domestic flights from major cities in the Philippines.
2. By Sea: Negros Island is also accessible by ferry or fast craft from various ports in the Philippines. Major ports include Bacolod City, Dumaguete City, and San Carlos City. There are several ferry companies that operate routes to Negros Island.
3. By Land: If you are already in the Philippines, you can also reach Negros Island by land. There are bus services that connect major cities in the country to Bacolod City and Dumaguete City. You can take a bus from Manila, Cebu, or other nearby cities to reach Negros Island.
Once you are on Negros Island, there are various modes of transportation available such as taxis, tricycles, and jeepneys to get around the island and explore its different cities and attractions.
Rent A Car In Negros Island
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Negros Island.
Nearby Destinantion From Negros Island
1. Bacolod City: Known as the "City of Smiles," famous for its MassKara Festival.
2. Dumaguete City: Dubbed as the "City of Gentle People," home to prestigious universities and beautiful beaches.
3. Bais City: Renowned for its dolphin and whale watching tours.
4. Sipalay City: Boasts stunning white sand beaches and crystal-clear waters.
5. Kabankalan City: Offers a rich cultural heritage and vibrant festivals.
6. San Carlos City: Known for its sugar industry and scenic views of the Tanon Strait.
7. La Carlota City: Famous for its annual Pasalamat Festival and picturesque landscapes.
8. Hinigaran: A charming town known for its historical landmarks and delicious local delicacies.
9. Moises Padilla: Offers a tranquil atmosphere and scenic mountain views.
10. Guihulngan City: Surrounded by lush mountains and known for its hot springs and waterfalls.