Fun Things to Do in Coffs Harbour | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Coffs Harbour, a picturesque coastal city located on the mid-north coast of New South Wales. Known for its stunning beaches, lush rainforests, and vibrant marine life, Coffs Harbour offers a perfect blend of natural beauty and exciting activities for travelers of all ages. Whether you're seeking relaxation on pristine sandy shores, embarking on thrilling water sports adventures, or exploring the diverse flora and fauna of the surrounding national parks, this charming destination has something to offer everyone. Don't miss the iconic Big Banana, a giant landmark that pays homage to the region's thriving banana industry, or the Solitary Islands Marine Park, a haven for snorkelers and divers eager to discover the colorful underwater world. With its warm climate, friendly locals, and an abundance of attractions, Coffs Harbour is a must-visit destination for any traveler looking to experience the best of Australia's coastal beauty.
Coffs Harbour Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Coffs Harbour for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Coffs Harbour in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Coffs Harbour Trip
Planning a trip to Coffs Harbour on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour Travel Guide
Quick overview of Coffs Harbour with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Located on the New South Wales coast, this coastal city is known for its stunning beaches, lush rainforests, and vibrant marine life. Here are some must-see and must-do experiences in Coffs Harbour:
1. Explore the Solitary Islands Marine Park: This marine park is a haven for divers and snorkelers, offering an opportunity to discover the diverse underwater world. Swim alongside colorful coral reefs, tropical fish, and even encounter sea turtles and dolphins.
2. Visit the Big Banana: Coffs Harbour is famous for its iconic Big Banana, a giant banana-shaped structure that serves as a tourist attraction and amusement park. Take a tour to learn about the history of bananas in the region, enjoy thrilling rides, and indulge in delicious banana-themed treats.
3. Relax at the Beaches: Coffs Harbour boasts several stunning beaches, including Jetty Beach, Park Beach, and Diggers Beach. Spend a day sunbathing, swimming, or surfing in the crystal-clear waters. Don't forget to explore the nearby Muttonbird Island Nature Reserve for breathtaking views.
4. Discover the Rainforest: Venture into the nearby Dorrigo National Park, where you can hike through ancient rainforests, admire cascading waterfalls, and spot unique wildlife. The Skywalk lookout offers panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
5. Go Whale Watching: If you visit between May and November, embark on a whale watching tour to witness the majestic humpback whales as they migrate along the coast. Observe these incredible creatures breaching and tail-slapping in their natural habitat.
6. Explore the Coffs Harbour Jetty: Stroll along the historic Coffs Harbour Jetty, which stretches out into the ocean. Enjoy fishing, dine at waterfront restaurants, or take a scenic walk to the nearby marina.
7. Visit the Butterfly House: Step into a tropical paradise at the Butterfly House, where you can witness hundreds of colorful butterflies fluttering around in a lush rainforest setting.
Tours And Activities In Coffs Harbour
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Coffs Harbour at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Coffs Harbour
The best time to visit Coffs Harbour is during the spring and autumn months, which are from September to November and March to May respectively. During these seasons, the weather is mild and pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F). The summer months, from December to February, can be quite hot and humid, with temperatures reaching 30°C (86°F) or higher. Winter, from June to August, is generally mild with temperatures ranging from 15°C to 20°C (59°F to 68°F), but it can also bring occasional rain. Coffs Harbour is known for its beautiful beaches and outdoor activities, so visiting during the spring or autumn allows for optimal enjoyment of these attractions.
Flight Calendar For Coffs Harbour
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Coffs Harbour.
Best Hotels To Stay In Coffs Harbour
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Coffs Harbour's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour offers a variety of great areas for accommodation. Here are a few options:
1. Jetty: Located near the picturesque Coffs Harbour Jetty, this area is perfect for those who enjoy a vibrant coastal atmosphere. With a range of accommodation options, including hotels, apartments, and holiday homes, visitors can enjoy stunning ocean views and easy access to the beach. The Jetty precinct also offers a variety of dining and entertainment options, making it a popular choice for tourists.
2. Sawtell: Just a short drive south of Coffs Harbour, Sawtell is a charming coastal village known for its beautiful beaches and relaxed atmosphere. Accommodation options in Sawtell include beachfront resorts, boutique hotels, and self-contained apartments. Visitors can enjoy swimming, surfing, and exploring the local cafes and shops. Sawtell is also home to the iconic Sawtell Cinema, which adds to its unique charm.
3. Coffs Harbour CBD: For those who prefer to stay in the heart of the city, the Coffs Harbour Central Business District (CBD) offers a range of accommodation options. From luxury hotels to budget-friendly motels, there is something to suit every traveler's needs. Staying in the CBD provides easy access to shopping centers, restaurants, and attractions such as the Coffs Harbour Regional Gallery and the Botanic Gardens.
4. Park Beach: Situated just north of the CBD, Park Beach is a popular area for families and beach lovers. Accommodation options in this area range from beachfront resorts to holiday parks and apartments. Park Beach is known for its pristine sandy beaches, perfect for swimming and sunbathing. The area also offers a variety of family-friendly activities, including the Big Banana Fun Park and Dolphin Marine Conservation Park.
5. Moonee Beach: Located a short drive north of Coffs Harbour, Moonee Beach is a tranquil area surrounded by nature. Accommodation options in Moonee Beach include holiday homes, cabins, and camping grounds. Visitors can enjoy the peacefulness of the area while exploring the nearby Moonee Beach Nature Reserve or taking a stroll along the beautiful estuary. The area is also home to the Solitary Islands Marine Park, making it a great spot for snorkeling and diving enthusiasts.
Overall, Coffs Harbour offers a range of fantastic areas for accommodation, each with its own unique charm and attractions. Whether you prefer a coastal vibe, city convenience, or a peaceful retreat, there is an
Hotels Map Of Coffs Harbour
Easily navigate your Coffs Harbour journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Coffs Harbour with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Coffs Harbour
There are several transportation options to get to Coffs Harbour:
1. By Air: Coffs Harbour has its own airport, Coffs Harbour Airport (CFS), which is serviced by several domestic airlines. You can fly directly to Coffs Harbour from major cities like Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
2. By Train: Coffs Harbour is also accessible by train. NSW TrainLink operates services to Coffs Harbour from Sydney and Brisbane. The journey from Sydney takes approximately 8-9 hours, while the journey from Brisbane takes around 5-6 hours.
3. By Bus: There are several bus companies that operate services to Coffs Harbour from various cities in Australia. Greyhound Australia and Premier Motor Service are two popular bus operators that offer routes to Coffs Harbour.
4. By Car: Coffs Harbour is located on the Pacific Highway (Highway 1), making it easily accessible by car. The drive from Sydney takes approximately 6-7 hours, while the drive from Brisbane takes around 4-5 hours.
5. By Ferry: If you are coming from the nearby city of Brisbane, you can also take a scenic ferry ride to Coffs Harbour. The journey takes approximately 8-9 hours and is operated by SeaLink Queensland.
Once you arrive in Coffs Harbour, there are local transportation options available such as taxis, buses, and car rentals to help you get around the city and explore the surrounding areas.
Rent A Car In Coffs Harbour
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Coffs Harbour.
Nearby Destinantion From Coffs Harbour
1. Sawtell: A charming coastal village known for its beautiful beaches and relaxed atmosphere.
2. Bellingen: A picturesque town nestled in the Dorrigo Mountains, famous for its arts and crafts scene.
3. Woolgoolga: A vibrant multicultural town renowned for its stunning beaches and delicious Indian cuisine.
4. Nambucca Heads: A coastal town with breathtaking river views, perfect for fishing and boating enthusiasts.
5. Urunga: A tranquil riverside town offering scenic walks, a charming boardwalk, and a stunning beach.
6. Grafton: A historic city known for its Jacaranda trees, annual Jacaranda Festival, and beautiful colonial architecture.
7. Kempsey: A riverside town boasting a rich Aboriginal heritage, with stunning national parks and pristine beaches nearby.
8. Port Macquarie: A popular coastal destination offering beautiful beaches, a vibrant dining scene, and a koala hospital.
9. South West Rocks: A coastal village with crystal-clear waters, perfect for diving, fishing, and exploring historic ruins.
10. Yamba: A laid-back coastal town known for its pristine beaches, excellent surfing spots, and fresh seafood.