Fun Things to Do in Ningbo | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Ningbo! Located in the eastern coastal province of Zhejiang, Ningbo is a vibrant city that seamlessly blends its rich history with modern development. As one of China's oldest cities, Ningbo boasts a plethora of cultural and historical attractions, including the iconic Tianyi Pavilion, which is the oldest private library in the country. Additionally, visitors can explore the picturesque Xikou Scenic Area, famous for its stunning natural landscapes and the former residence of Chiang Kai-shek. With its bustling markets, delectable local cuisine, and a thriving arts scene, Ningbo offers a truly immersive experience for travelers seeking to delve into the heart of Chinese culture.
Ningbo Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Ningbo for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Ningbo in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Ningbo Trip
Planning a trip to Ningbo on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Ningbo
Ningbo Travel Guide
Quick overview of Ningbo with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Ningbo
Ningbo offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Located in the Zhejiang province, this coastal city boasts a rich history and vibrant culture. Here are some must-see and must-do experiences in Ningbo:
1. Explore Tianyi Pavilion: As the oldest private library in China, Tianyi Pavilion is a fascinating place to visit. Stroll through its beautiful gardens and admire the impressive collection of ancient books and artifacts.
2. Visit Ningbo Museum: This modern museum showcases the city's history and culture through its extensive collection of artifacts and exhibits. Learn about Ningbo's maritime heritage and discover its role in ancient trade routes.
3. Take a boat tour of Dongqian Lake: Embark on a scenic boat ride around Dongqian Lake, one of the largest freshwater lakes in Zhejiang province. Enjoy the picturesque views of the surrounding mountains and lush greenery.
4. Explore Xikou Scenic Area: Located in the outskirts of Ningbo, Xikou is a charming town known for its natural beauty and historical sites. Wander through the ancient streets, visit the former residence of Chiang Kai-shek, and hike up to the scenic Xuedou Mountain.
5. Discover the Old Bund: Stroll along the Old Bund, a waterfront area that showcases the city's colonial past. Admire the European-style architecture and enjoy the lively atmosphere with numerous shops, cafes, and restaurants.
6. Visit Ningbo Harborland Park: This vibrant waterfront park offers a variety of recreational activities. Rent a bike and cycle along the promenade, enjoy a picnic by the lake, or try some local street food at the bustling night market.
7. Explore the Ningbo Botanical Garden: Escape the city's hustle and bustle by visiting the serene Ningbo Botanical Garden. Take a leisurely walk through its beautiful gardens, admire the colorful flowers, and relax in the peaceful surroundings.
Tours And Activities In Ningbo
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Ningbo at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Ningbo
The best time to visit Ningbo is during the spring and autumn seasons, which are from March to May and September to November respectively. During these months, the weather is mild and pleasant, with comfortable temperatures ranging from 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F). The spring season brings blooming flowers and cherry blossoms, creating a colorful and picturesque atmosphere. In autumn, the city is adorned with vibrant foliage, making it a scenic destination for nature lovers. Additionally, these seasons are considered off-peak times for tourism, resulting in fewer crowds and lower prices for accommodations and attractions. However, it is important to note that Ningbo experiences typhoon season from June to August, which can bring heavy rainfall and strong winds. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid visiting during this period to ensure a more enjoyable trip.
Flight Calendar For Ningbo
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Ningbo.
Best Hotels To Stay In Ningbo
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Ningbo's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Ningbo
Ningbo offers several great areas for accommodation. Yinzhou District is a popular choice for its convenient location and modern amenities. It is home to many shopping malls, restaurants, and entertainment options, making it a vibrant and bustling area to stay in. Haishu District is another excellent option, known for its historical charm and proximity to popular attractions such as Tianyi Pavilion and Moon Lake Park. This district offers a mix of traditional and modern accommodations, providing visitors with a unique experience. Jiangdong District is a great choice for those seeking a more tranquil atmosphere. It is located along the coast and offers beautiful views of the sea. This district is also known for its parks and green spaces, making it a peaceful and relaxing area to stay in. Overall, Ningbo offers a variety of accommodation options in different districts, catering to the diverse needs and preferences of visitors.
Hotels Map Of Ningbo
Easily navigate your Ningbo journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Ningbo with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Ningbo
There are several transportation options to Ningbo. You can fly into Ningbo Lishe International Airport, which has both domestic and international flights. Alternatively, you can take a train to Ningbo Railway Station, which is well-connected to major cities in China. There are also long-distance buses available from various cities in China to Ningbo. Once in Ningbo, you can use local buses, taxis, or ride-sharing services to get around the city.
Rent A Car In Ningbo
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Ningbo.
Nearby Destinantion From Ningbo
1. Hangzhou: Known for its scenic West Lake and historic sites.
2. Shanghai: A bustling metropolis with a blend of modern skyscrapers and traditional Chinese culture.
3. Wenzhou: Famous for its vibrant economy and entrepreneurial spirit.
4. Taizhou: Renowned for its beautiful coastal scenery and cultural heritage.
5. Shaoxing: Home to ancient water towns and the birthplace of famous Chinese writer Lu Xun.
6. Jiaxing: A city known for its picturesque landscapes and historic architecture.
7. Huzhou: Famous for its stunning natural scenery, including the scenic Taihu Lake.
8. Yuyao: A historical city with a rich cultural heritage and beautiful landscapes.
9. Zhoushan: An archipelago city known for its stunning islands and seafood.
10. Jinhua: A city with a long history and diverse cultural attractions, including the ancient town of Wuzhen.