Fun Things to Do in Brac Island | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Brac Island! Located in the Adriatic Sea, Brac Island is the largest island in central Dalmatia and a true gem of the Croatian coastline. With its stunning beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, and charming coastal villages, Brac Island offers a perfect blend of natural beauty and cultural heritage. One of the island's most famous attractions is the Zlatni Rat beach, known for its unique shape that changes with the tides. Additionally, Brac Island is home to the picturesque town of Bol, where you can explore historic sites such as the Dominican Monastery and enjoy delicious local cuisine at waterfront restaurants. Whether you're seeking relaxation on the beach or an adventure in nature, Brac Island is a must-visit destination for any traveler.
Brac Island Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Brac Island for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Brac Island in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Brac Island Trip
Planning a trip to Brac Island on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Brac Island
Brac Island Travel Guide
Quick overview of Brac Island with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Brac Island
Brac Island, located in Croatia, offers a plethora of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you are seeking adventure, relaxation, or cultural experiences, this stunning island has something for everyone.
One of the main attractions on Brac Island is the famous Zlatni Rat Beach. This unique beach is known for its distinctive shape, which changes depending on the currents and winds. Visitors can sunbathe, swim, or participate in water sports such as windsurfing and kayaking. The crystal-clear waters and picturesque surroundings make Zlatni Rat Beach a must-visit destination.
For those seeking adventure, Brac Island offers hiking and biking trails that allow visitors to explore the island's natural beauty. The Vidova Gora mountain is the highest peak on the island and provides breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding area. Hiking to the top of Vidova Gora is a popular activity for outdoor enthusiasts.
Brac Island is also home to several charming towns and villages that are worth exploring. The town of Bol is known for its historic architecture and narrow streets lined with boutiques and cafes. The town of Supetar offers a more relaxed atmosphere, with its quaint harbor and beachfront promenade. Exploring these towns allows visitors to immerse themselves in the local culture and sample traditional Croatian cuisine.
Another highlight of Brac Island is the famous stone quarries. The island has a long history of stone mining, and visitors can learn about the traditional stone-cutting techniques that have been passed down through generations. The Pucisca Stonemasonry School offers guided tours where visitors can witness the craftsmanship and artistry involved in working with stone.
Lastly, Brac Island is a great destination for water activities such as snorkeling and diving. The island's crystal-clear waters are home to a variety of marine life and underwater caves, making it a paradise for diving enthusiasts. Boat tours are also available, allowing visitors to explore the surrounding islands and hidden coves.
Tours And Activities In Brac Island
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Brac Island at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Brac Island
The best time to visit Brac Island is during the summer months of June, July, and August. During this time, the weather is warm and sunny, with temperatures ranging from 25 to 30 degrees Celsius. The sea temperature is also ideal for swimming, averaging around 23 to 25 degrees Celsius. Additionally, tourist attractions and activities on the island are in full swing during the summer, offering visitors a wide range of water sports, beach activities, and cultural events to enjoy. However, it is important to note that Brac Island can get quite crowded during the peak summer months, so if you prefer a quieter and more peaceful experience, it may be best to visit during the shoulder seasons of May and September. During these months, the weather is still pleasant, and the island is less crowded, allowing for a more relaxed and authentic experience.
Flight Calendar For Brac Island
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Brac Island.
Best Hotels To Stay In Brac Island
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Brac Island's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Brac Island
Brac Island, located in Croatia, offers a variety of fantastic areas for accommodation. Whether you prefer a bustling town or a peaceful village, Brac Island has something for everyone. Here are a few areas worth considering:
1. Bol: Bol is a popular tourist destination on Brac Island, known for its stunning beaches and vibrant nightlife. The famous Zlatni Rat beach, with its unique shape and crystal-clear waters, is a must-visit. Bol also offers a range of accommodations, from luxury hotels to cozy guesthouses, making it an ideal choice for those seeking a lively atmosphere.
2. Supetar: As the largest town on Brac Island, Supetar is a great option for those looking for a mix of convenience and tranquility. With its charming harbor, historic buildings, and numerous restaurants, Supetar offers a delightful blend of traditional and modern attractions. Accommodation options in Supetar range from waterfront hotels to cozy apartments, ensuring a comfortable stay.
3. Milna: Nestled in a picturesque bay, Milna is a peaceful village that appeals to those seeking a serene getaway. The village is known for its beautiful marina, where you can admire stunning yachts and enjoy a relaxing atmosphere. Milna offers a selection of accommodations, including charming guesthouses and private villas, providing a perfect retreat for nature lovers and sailing enthusiasts.
4. Postira: Situated on the northern coast of Brac Island, Postira is a charming fishing village that exudes tranquility. With its narrow streets, traditional stone houses, and friendly locals, Postira offers an authentic Croatian experience. Accommodation options in Postira include cozy bed and breakfasts and self-catering apartments, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the village's laid-back ambiance.
5. Sutivan: Sutivan is a small coastal town on Brac Island, known for its beautiful beaches and relaxed atmosphere. The town's picturesque waterfront promenade is lined with cafes and restaurants, offering a perfect spot to enjoy the stunning views. Accommodation in Sutivan ranges from family-run guesthouses to modern hotels, ensuring a comfortable stay in this charming town.
Overall, Brac Island offers a diverse range of areas for accommodation, each with its own unique charm. Whether you prefer a lively beach town or a peaceful village, Brac Island has the perfect spot for your stay.
Hotels Map Of Brac Island
Easily navigate your Brac Island journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Brac Island with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Brac Island
There are several transportation options to Brac Island:
1. By Air: The nearest airport to Brac Island is Split Airport (SPU), which is well-connected to major European cities. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to Split Ferry Port and then catch a ferry to Supetar, the main town on Brac Island.
2. By Ferry: There are regular ferry services from Split to Supetar on Brac Island. The journey takes approximately 50 minutes. You can check the Jadrolinija website for the ferry schedule and book your tickets in advance.
3. By Catamaran: If you prefer a faster option, you can take a catamaran from Split to Bol, a popular town on Brac Island. The catamaran journey takes around 1 hour. Again, you can check the Jadrolinija website for the catamaran schedule and book your tickets in advance.
4. By Private Boat: If you have your own boat or are renting one, you can sail directly to one of the marinas on Brac Island. There are several marinas available, including Supetar, Milna, and Bol.
Once you arrive on Brac Island, you can use local buses, taxis, or rent a car or scooter to explore the island and reach your final destination.
Rent A Car In Brac Island
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Brac Island.
Nearby Destinantion From Brac Island
1. Supetar: A charming coastal town known for its beautiful beaches and historic architecture.
2. Bol: Home to the famous Zlatni Rat beach, this town offers stunning views and a vibrant nightlife.
3. Milna: A picturesque fishing village with a marina, perfect for sailing enthusiasts.
4. Postira: A tranquil village with a charming harbor, ideal for a peaceful getaway.
5. Sutivan: A small coastal town known for its relaxed atmosphere and scenic promenade.
6. Pucisca: A quaint village famous for its stone masonry tradition and stunning bay.
7. Sumartin: A quiet fishing village with crystal-clear waters, ideal for snorkeling and diving.
8. Selca: A traditional village surrounded by olive groves and vineyards, offering a glimpse into local island life.
9. Nerezisca: A historic village nestled in the heart of Brac Island, known for its medieval architecture and cultural heritage.
10. Bobovisca: A hidden gem with two charming bays, perfect for those seeking tranquility and natural beauty.