Fun Things to Do in Byblos | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Byblos! Located on the Mediterranean coast, Byblos is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, with a history dating back over 7,000 years. This charming coastal town is known for its rich archaeological sites, picturesque harbor, and vibrant cultural scene. As you explore the narrow streets of the old town, you'll come across ancient ruins, including the impressive Phoenician Temple of Baalat Gebal and the Crusader Castle of Byblos. Don't miss the opportunity to stroll along the bustling harbor, where you can indulge in fresh seafood at one of the many waterfront restaurants. With its fascinating history, stunning natural beauty, and warm hospitality, Byblos is a must-visit destination for any traveler seeking a unique and enriching experience.
Byblos Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Byblos for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Byblos in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Byblos Trip
Planning a trip to Byblos on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Byblos
Byblos Travel Guide
Quick overview of Byblos with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Byblos
Byblos is a historic city located on the Mediterranean coast. It is known for its rich history, archaeological sites, and vibrant culture. Here are some things to do in Byblos:
1. Explore the Byblos Citadel: Start your visit by exploring the ancient Byblos Citadel, which dates back to the Crusader period. Marvel at the well-preserved ruins, including the Phoenician temples, Roman theater, and medieval walls.
2. Visit the Byblos Archaeological Site: Discover the fascinating history of Byblos at the archaeological site. Admire the remains of ancient Phoenician houses, Roman columns, and the royal necropolis. Learn about the city's significance as one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements in the world.
3. Stroll through the Old Souk: Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the Old Souk, a bustling marketplace filled with shops, cafes, and restaurants. Browse through local handicrafts, jewelry, and souvenirs. Indulge in traditional Lebanese cuisine at one of the many restaurants.
4. Visit the Byblos Wax Museum: Step into the world of history and legends at the Byblos Wax Museum. See lifelike wax figures depicting famous historical figures, including Pharaohs, Roman emperors, and Lebanese icons. Learn about their stories and contributions to history.
5. Relax at Byblos Beach: Unwind and soak up the sun at Byblos Beach, a beautiful sandy stretch along the Mediterranean Sea. Enjoy swimming, sunbathing, or engaging in water sports activities. Take in the stunning views of the coastline and the ancient city.
6. Visit the Byblos Fossil Museum: Explore the fascinating world of fossils at the Byblos Fossil Museum. Discover a wide range of fossils, including ammonites, trilobites, and dinosaur bones. Learn about the geological history of the region and the evolution of life on Earth.
7. Attend the Byblos International Festival: If you happen to visit during the summer, don't miss the Byblos International Festival.
Tours And Activities In Byblos
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Byblos at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Byblos
The best time to visit Byblos is during the spring (April to June) and fall (September to November) seasons. During these months, the weather is mild and pleasant, making it ideal for exploring the ancient ruins and historical sites that Byblos is famous for. The summer months (June to August) can be hot and humid, with temperatures reaching up to 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit). Winter (December to February) in Byblos can be chilly and rainy, but it is still possible to visit during this time if you don't mind the cooler temperatures. Overall, the spring and fall seasons offer the best weather for enjoying all that Byblos has to offer.
Flight Calendar For Byblos
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Byblos.
Best Hotels To Stay In Byblos
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Byblos's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Byblos
Byblos is a beautiful coastal city with a rich history and vibrant culture. When it comes to finding the best areas for accommodation in Byblos, there are a few options that stand out.
Jbeil is the heart of Byblos and offers a range of accommodation options. This area is known for its historic charm, with narrow streets lined with traditional Lebanese houses. Visitors can find boutique hotels and guesthouses that offer a unique and authentic experience. Jbeil is also home to the famous Byblos Castle, a must-visit attraction.
Edde Sands is a popular beach resort area in Byblos. It offers luxurious accommodation options, including beachfront hotels and resorts. Visitors can enjoy stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea and access to private beaches. Edde Sands is perfect for those looking for a relaxing and indulgent stay.
Byblos Marina is another great area for accommodation in Byblos. It is located near the harbor and offers a mix of upscale hotels and budget-friendly options. Visitors staying in this area can enjoy easy access to the marina, where they can find a variety of restaurants, cafes, and shops. Byblos Marina is a lively and bustling area, perfect for those who want to be in the heart of the action.
Halat is a quieter area located just outside of Byblos. It offers a more peaceful and serene atmosphere, making it ideal for those seeking a tranquil getaway. Halat is known for its beautiful beaches and scenic landscapes. Visitors can find charming guesthouses and boutique hotels that provide a peaceful retreat.
Overall, Byblos offers a range of accommodation options to suit different preferences and budgets. Whether you prefer to stay in the historic center, by the beach, near the marina, or in a peaceful area, Byblos has something for everyone.
Hotels Map Of Byblos
Easily navigate your Byblos journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Byblos with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Byblos
There are several transportation options to get to Byblos.
1. By Air: The nearest international airport to Byblos is Beirut-Rafic Hariri International Airport (BEY), located approximately 40 kilometers south of Byblos. From the airport, you can take a taxi or arrange for a private transfer to Byblos.
2. By Taxi: Taxis are readily available in Lebanon, and you can hire a taxi from Beirut or other major cities to Byblos. It is advisable to negotiate the fare before starting the journey.
3. By Bus: There are regular bus services from Beirut to Byblos. You can take a bus from Charles Helou Bus Station in Beirut to Byblos. The journey takes around 1 hour, depending on traffic conditions.
4. By Car: If you have access to a car, you can drive to Byblos. The journey from Beirut to Byblos takes approximately 30-45 minutes, depending on traffic conditions. There are several car rental agencies available in Lebanon.
5. By Shared Taxi: Shared taxis, known as "service" in Lebanon, are a popular mode of transportation. You can find shared taxis from Beirut to Byblos at designated taxi stands. These taxis usually wait until they are full before departing.
It is advisable to check the latest travel advisories and transportation schedules before planning your trip to Byblos.
Rent A Car In Byblos
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Byblos.
Nearby Destinantion From Byblos
1. Beirut: The vibrant capital city of Lebanon, known for its lively nightlife and historical sites.
2. Tripoli: A coastal city in northern Lebanon, famous for its ancient ruins and bustling markets.
3. Jounieh: A picturesque town located on the Mediterranean coast, offering stunning views and a vibrant nightlife.
4. Batroun: A charming coastal town known for its beautiful beaches, historic landmarks, and delicious seafood.
5. Baalbek: Home to the impressive Roman ruins of Baalbek, this city is a must-visit for history enthusiasts.
6. Sidon: A coastal city with a rich history, featuring ancient ruins, a bustling souk, and a picturesque fishing port.
7. Tyre: An ancient Phoenician city with well-preserved ruins, including a Roman hippodrome and a stunning seaside promenade.
8. Aanjar: A small village famous for its Umayyad ruins, showcasing a unique blend of Roman and Islamic architecture.
9. Bcharre: Nestled in the mountains, this town is the birthplace of renowned poet Khalil Gibran and offers breathtaking natural landscapes.
10. Deir el Qamar: A charming village known for its well-preserved traditional Lebanese architecture and historical landmarks.