Frequently Asked Questions About Atlantic Coast
Which time of the year is best to visit Atlantic Coast?
The best time to visit Morocco’s Atlantic Coast is typically from April through October when the weather is warm and sunny. During this period, temperatures are usually in the mid-to high-eighties during the day and cool off at night. May and June tend to be particularly pleasant for visiting, with mild sea breezes, clear skies and sunny days. July is the hottest month, but temperatures rarely exceed 90 degrees Fahrenheit (32 Celsius). Rainfall is minimal during this time of year, except for occasional showers in late summer. September and October can be cooler with milder sea breezes. The winter months are typically wetter and colder than the rest of the year, so it is not the best time to visit. However, beach activities and sightseeing can still be enjoyed during this season. Whatever time of year you travel, it’s always a good idea to bring sun protection, such as sunscreen and sunglasses.
What are the fun things to do in Atlantic Coast?
The Atlantic Coast of Morocco offers plenty of activities and attractions for visitors. Here are some of the best things to do when visiting this beautiful region:
1. Visit Casablanca – One of Morocco’s most famous cities, boasting impressive colonial-era architecture and an array of cultural sites.
2. Take a camel ride on the beach – Enjoy a unique experience by riding a camel along the Atlantic Coast beaches.
3. Explore local markets – Browse through traditional Moroccan markets for souvenirs and handmade crafts.
4. Go surfing – Take advantage of Morocco’s great waves and learn how to surf or improve your skills.
5. Visit a museum – Learn about the history and culture of Morocco in one of the region’s museums.
6. Enjoy local cuisine – Sample some of the delicious seafood, couscous and tagines from local restaurants.
7. Go hiking – Explore the stunning landscapes and enjoy breathtaking views on hiking trails around the Atlantic Coast.
8. Visit historic sites – Admire the ruins of Roman, Portuguese and Spanish settlements in the area.
9. Go fishing – Try your luck with a fishing rod on the coastline or book a boat tour for deep-sea angling.
10. Relax at a beachfront café – Find a café with a view and enjoy some refreshments while watching the waves.
What are popular places to visit in Atlantic Coast?
The Atlantic Coast of Morocco has a wide variety of attractions for visitors. Here are some of the best places to visit in the region:
1. Tangier – This vibrant port city offers an array of cultural experiences, from street food markets to cafés and shopping districts.
2. Asilah – Explore this picturesque coastal town, known for its whitewashed buildings and winding streets.
3. Agadir – An idyllic beach resort with modern facilities and plenty of activities to enjoy, such as golfing, windsurfing and camel rides.
4. Essaouira – This charming fishing port has a relaxed atmosphere, with plenty of cafés, galleries and shops to explore.
5. Rabat – The capital city features attractive architecture, a rich history and numerous museums and monuments to visit.
6. Chefchaouen – One of Morocco’s most photogenic towns, with its colourful buildings set against the dramatic backdrop of the Rif Mountains.
7. Tétouan – A former imperial city renowned for its art and architecture, with a vibrant medina and traditional markets to explore.
8. Smara – Discover this walled town, once the centre of an influential kingdom in the region.
9. El Jadida – A port city with a long history, boasting beautiful colonial-era architecture and stunning beaches.
10. Cap Spartel – Take in spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean from this rocky headland, home to a lighthouse and 16th century mosque.