Fun Things to Do in Jeddah | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Jeddah, a vibrant and culturally rich city nestled along the Red Sea coast. Known as the "Gateway to Mecca," Jeddah is not only a significant commercial hub but also a popular tourist destination. With its stunning blend of modern skyscrapers and traditional architecture, Jeddah offers a unique experience for travelers seeking to immerse themselves in Saudi Arabian culture. Explore the historic Al-Balad district, a UNESCO World Heritage site, where you can wander through narrow alleyways lined with ancient coral stone houses and bustling souks. Don't miss the iconic King Fahd Fountain, the tallest fountain in the world, which illuminates the night sky with its mesmerizing water display. Whether you're interested in exploring the rich history, indulging in delicious Middle Eastern cuisine, or simply relaxing on the pristine beaches, Jeddah has something to offer for every traveler.
Jeddah Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Jeddah for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Jeddah in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Jeddah Trip
Planning a trip to Jeddah on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Jeddah
Jeddah Travel Guide
Quick overview of Jeddah with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Jeddah
Jeddah offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Located on the Red Sea coast, Jeddah is known for its beautiful beaches and stunning waterfront views. One of the main things to do in Jeddah is to explore the historic district of Al-Balad. This area is home to traditional architecture, bustling markets, and ancient mosques. Visitors can wander through the narrow streets, admiring the intricately designed buildings and soaking in the vibrant atmosphere.
Another popular activity in Jeddah is to visit the King Fahd Fountain, which is the tallest fountain in the world. This impressive fountain shoots water up to a height of 312 meters, creating a mesmerizing sight. Located on the Jeddah Corniche, visitors can enjoy a leisurely stroll along the waterfront while taking in the breathtaking views of the fountain and the Red Sea.
For those interested in history and culture, a visit to the Jeddah Regional Museum of Archaeology and Ethnography is a must. This museum showcases artifacts and exhibits that highlight the rich history and heritage of the region. Visitors can learn about the ancient civilizations that once thrived in the area and gain a deeper understanding of Saudi Arabian culture.
Jeddah is also known for its shopping opportunities. The city is home to numerous modern shopping malls, where visitors can find a wide range of international and local brands. The Red Sea Mall and the Mall of Arabia are two popular destinations for shopping enthusiasts.
For those seeking outdoor adventures, Jeddah offers diving and snorkeling opportunities in the Red Sea. The crystal-clear waters are home to a diverse marine life, making it a perfect destination for underwater exploration. Scuba diving and snorkeling tours are available for both beginners and experienced divers.
Lastly, Jeddah is renowned for its culinary scene. Visitors can indulge in a variety of traditional Saudi Arabian dishes, as well as international cuisines. The city is dotted with restaurants and cafes that offer a wide range of dining options, from street food stalls to fine dining establishments.
In summary, Jeddah offers a plethora of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy.
Tours And Activities In Jeddah
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Jeddah at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Jeddah
The best time to visit Jeddah is during the winter months from November to February. During this time, the weather is mild and pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 20 to 30 degrees Celsius. It is also the peak tourist season, so you can expect crowded attractions and higher prices. However, if you prefer less crowded and cheaper travel, you can consider visiting during the shoulder seasons of spring (March to May) and autumn (September to October). The summer months from June to August should be avoided as the temperatures can soar above 40 degrees Celsius and the humidity is extremely high.
Flight Calendar For Jeddah
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Jeddah.
Best Hotels To Stay In Jeddah
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Jeddah's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Jeddah
Jeddah offers a variety of areas for accommodation, each with its own unique features and attractions. Here are some of the best areas to consider:
1. Al Hamra: Located in the heart of Jeddah, Al Hamra is a vibrant neighborhood known for its upscale residential buildings, luxurious hotels, and proximity to popular shopping destinations like the Red Sea Mall. The area also boasts a range of dining options, from local street food to international cuisine.
2. Al Rawdah: Situated in the northern part of Jeddah, Al Rawdah is a well-established residential area that offers a mix of modern apartments and spacious villas. The neighborhood is known for its peaceful atmosphere, well-maintained parks, and easy access to major highways, making it an ideal choice for families and professionals.
3. Al Andalus: Located in the western part of Jeddah, Al Andalus is a bustling area that offers a blend of residential and commercial properties. The neighborhood is known for its vibrant street life, with numerous cafes, restaurants, and shops lining the streets. Al Andalus is also home to several educational institutions, making it a popular choice for students and young professionals.
4. Al Salamah: Situated in the northern part of Jeddah, Al Salamah is a well-planned residential area that offers a range of housing options, from apartments to spacious villas. The neighborhood is known for its well-maintained infrastructure, including parks, schools, and healthcare facilities. Al Salamah also offers easy access to major highways, making it convenient for commuting to other parts of the city.
5. Al Balad: Located in the historic center of Jeddah, Al Balad is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that offers a unique cultural experience. The area is known for its traditional architecture, bustling souks (markets), and historic landmarks such as the Al-Masjid Al-Nabawi Mosque. Al Balad also offers a range of accommodation options, including traditional guesthouses and boutique hotels, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the rich heritage of the city.
Overall, Jeddah offers a diverse range of areas for accommodation, catering to different preferences and lifestyles. Whether you prefer a modern and bustling neighborhood or a historic and culturally rich area, Jeddah has something to offer for everyone.
Hotels Map Of Jeddah
Easily navigate your Jeddah journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Jeddah with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Jeddah
There are several transportation options available in Jeddah. These include:
1. Taxis: Taxis are a popular mode of transportation in Jeddah. They can be easily hailed on the street or booked through ride-hailing apps such as Uber or Careem.
2. Public buses: Jeddah has a well-developed public bus system operated by the Saudi Public Transport Company (SAPTCO). Buses cover various routes within the city and are an affordable option for getting around.
3. Metro: Jeddah is currently developing a metro system, which is expected to be operational in the near future. Once completed, it will provide a convenient and efficient mode of transportation.
4. Private cars: Many residents in Jeddah own private cars, and driving is a common way to get around the city. However, traffic congestion can be an issue during peak hours.
5. Walking: Jeddah has some pedestrian-friendly areas, particularly in the city center and along the Corniche. Walking can be a pleasant way to explore certain parts of the city.
It is important to note that transportation options may vary depending on the specific location within Jeddah and the individual's preferences.
Rent A Car In Jeddah
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Jeddah.
Nearby Destinantion From Jeddah
1. Mecca: A holy city for Muslims, home to the Kaaba and the Masjid al-Haram.
2. Medina: The second holiest city in Islam, known for the Prophet's Mosque and the burial place of Prophet Muhammad.
3. Riyadh: The capital city of Saudi Arabia, offering a mix of modern skyscrapers and historical sites.
4. Taif: A mountainous city known for its cool climate, beautiful gardens, and historical sites.
5. Dammam: A major port city in the Eastern Province, known for its stunning waterfront and vibrant culture.
6. Khobar: A bustling city with a vibrant expat community, offering a variety of shopping and dining options.
7. Abha: A picturesque city in the Asir Province, famous for its stunning landscapes, cool weather, and traditional architecture.
8. Jizan: A coastal city known for its beautiful beaches, coral reefs, and vibrant marine life.
9. Yanbu: A port city on the Red Sea coast, offering pristine beaches, diving spots, and a rich history.
10. Tabuk: A historical city with ancient ruins, including the famous rock-cut tombs of Madain Saleh.