Fun Things to Do in Pulau Ubin | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Pulau Ubin, a small island located off the northeastern coast of Singapore, offers a unique and authentic travel experience for those seeking to escape the bustling city life. Known as the "Last Kampung" (village) in Singapore, Pulau Ubin is a preserved slice of the country's past, where traditional kampong houses, lush forests, and untouched beaches await exploration. With no cars allowed on the island, visitors can immerse themselves in the tranquility of nature, cycling along rustic paths, spotting wildlife in the wetlands, and enjoying panoramic views from the island's highest peak, Puaka Hill. Whether you're a nature lover, history enthusiast, or simply seeking a peaceful retreat, Pulau Ubin promises an unforgettable adventure off the beaten path.
Pulau Ubin Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Pulau Ubin for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Pulau Ubin in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Pulau Ubin Trip
Planning a trip to Pulau Ubin on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Pulau Ubin
Pulau Ubin Travel Guide
Quick overview of Pulau Ubin with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Pulau Ubin
Pulau Ubin is a small island located off the northeastern coast of mainland Singapore. It is known for its rustic charm and natural beauty, making it a popular destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Here are some things to do on Pulau Ubin:
1. Cycling: Pulau Ubin is famous for its cycling trails, offering a unique opportunity to explore the island's lush greenery and scenic landscapes. Rent a bicycle from one of the shops near the jetty and embark on a cycling adventure around the island.
2. Hiking: The island is home to several hiking trails that lead to picturesque viewpoints and hidden gems. One of the most popular trails is the Chek Jawa Wetlands, where you can spot various marine creatures and enjoy breathtaking views of the coastline.
3. Bird Watching: Pulau Ubin is a haven for bird watchers, with a diverse range of bird species inhabiting the island. Visit the Pekan Quarry or the Butterfly Hill to catch a glimpse of colorful birds in their natural habitat.
4. Kayaking: Explore the island's mangrove forests and waterways by renting a kayak. Paddle through the serene waters and discover the unique ecosystem of Pulau Ubin.
5. Visit the Ubin Living Lab: This educational facility offers visitors a chance to learn about the island's rich biodiversity and conservation efforts. Participate in guided tours, workshops, and interactive exhibits to gain a deeper understanding of Pulau Ubin's natural heritage.
6. Try Local Cuisine: Pulau Ubin is known for its seafood, especially the famous Ubin White Bee Hoon. Visit one of the local seafood restaurants and indulge in a delicious meal while enjoying the island's tranquil atmosphere.
7. Explore the Kampong Village: Take a stroll through the traditional Malay village on Pulau Ubin, where you can experience the island's cultural heritage. Visit the German Girl Shrine or the Tua Pek Kong Temple to learn about the island's history and religious traditions.
8. Nature Photography: Pulau Ubin offers countless opportunities for nature photography. Capture the island's scenic landscapes, wildlife, and unique flora and fauna as you explore its various trails and viewpoints.
9. Camp Overnight: For a truly immersive experience, consider camping overnight on Pulau Ubin.
Tours And Activities In Pulau Ubin
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Pulau Ubin at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Pulau Ubin
The best time to visit Pulau Ubin is during the dry season, which typically runs from March to August. During this time, the weather is warm and sunny, making it ideal for outdoor activities such as cycling, hiking, and exploring the island's natural beauty. The wet season, which occurs from September to February, can bring heavy rainfall and thunderstorms, making it less favorable for outdoor activities. However, if you don't mind the occasional rain, visiting during the wet season can offer a quieter and more peaceful experience on the island. It's important to note that Pulau Ubin is a popular tourist destination, so avoiding weekends and public holidays can help you avoid crowds and enjoy a more relaxed and authentic experience.
Flight Calendar For Pulau Ubin
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Pulau Ubin.
Best Hotels To Stay In Pulau Ubin
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Pulau Ubin's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Pulau Ubin
Pulau Ubin is a small island located in Singapore, known for its rustic charm and natural beauty. Despite being just a short boat ride away from the bustling city, Pulau Ubin offers a peaceful and tranquil environment, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers and those seeking a break from the urban lifestyle.
Ketam Village is one of the best areas for accommodation on Pulau Ubin. This village is located on the northeastern part of the island and offers a range of accommodation options, including guesthouses and homestays. Staying in Ketam Village allows visitors to immerse themselves in the local culture and experience the traditional way of life on the island.
Chek Jawa is another popular area for accommodation on Pulau Ubin. This area is known for its diverse ecosystem and stunning natural landscapes. Visitors can find accommodations such as eco-lodges and beachfront resorts, providing a unique and immersive experience in the heart of nature. Staying in Chek Jawa allows guests to explore the nearby wetlands, mangroves, and coral reefs, making it a great choice for nature enthusiasts.
Pekan Quarry is a unique area for accommodation on Pulau Ubin. This area is famous for its abandoned granite quarries, which have now been transformed into scenic lakes. Visitors can find accommodations such as boutique hotels and villas, offering breathtaking views of the quarries and surrounding greenery. Staying in Pekan Quarry provides a serene and picturesque setting, perfect for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Overall, Pulau Ubin offers a range of accommodation options in different areas, each with its own unique charm and attractions. Whether you prefer a traditional village experience, a nature-centric stay, or a tranquil lakeside retreat, Pulau Ubin has something to offer for every type of traveler.
Hotels Map Of Pulau Ubin
Easily navigate your Pulau Ubin journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Pulau Ubin with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Pulau Ubin
There are several transportation options to get to Pulau Ubin:
1. Ferry: Take a ferry from Changi Point Ferry Terminal to Pulau Ubin. The ferry ride takes about 10 minutes and operates from early morning until late evening.
2. Private boat: You can also hire a private boat from Changi Point Ferry Terminal to Pulau Ubin. This option allows for more flexibility in terms of timing and can be arranged through various boat rental services.
3. Kayak: For those who enjoy outdoor activities, you can kayak from Changi Beach Park to Pulau Ubin. This option requires some experience in kayaking and may take around 1-2 hours depending on your paddling speed.
Once you arrive at Pulau Ubin, you can explore the island by foot, bicycle, or by renting a van or taxi.
Rent A Car In Pulau Ubin
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Pulau Ubin.
Nearby Destinantion From Pulau Ubin
1. Changi Village: A quaint coastal village known for its seafood and beachside cafes.
2. Pasir Ris: A family-friendly town with a beautiful beach, parks, and a popular water park.
3. Tampines: A bustling residential town with shopping malls, parks, and a large regional library.
4. Bedok: A vibrant neighborhood with a bustling hawker center, shopping malls, and a scenic reservoir.
5. Loyang: A serene residential area with a tranquil beach and a popular spot for camping and fishing.
6. Simei: A residential town with a well-connected MRT station, shopping malls, and a community hospital.
7. Changi: Home to Singapore's international airport, Changi is also known for its beautiful coastal parks and nature reserves.
8. Pasir Gudang: A town in Malaysia located near the border, known for its industrial activities and recreational parks.
9. Johor Bahru: The capital city of Johor, offering shopping, dining, and cultural attractions just across the causeway from Singapore.
10. Pekan Nanas: A small town in Malaysia known for its pineapple plantations and fruit farms, offering a rural escape from the city.