Fun Things to Do in Helsingborg | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Helsingborg, a charming coastal city located in the southern part of the country. Known for its rich history, stunning architecture, and picturesque landscapes, Helsingborg offers a unique blend of old-world charm and modern amenities. As you explore this vibrant city, you will be captivated by its well-preserved medieval buildings, such as the imposing Helsingborg Castle, which dates back to the 12th century. Additionally, Helsingborg boasts a vibrant cultural scene, with numerous art galleries, museums, and theaters to explore. Don't forget to take a stroll along the beautiful waterfront promenade, where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the Oresund Strait and the iconic Kronborg Castle in neighboring Denmark. Whether you're a history enthusiast, a nature lover, or simply seeking a relaxing getaway, Helsingborg has something to offer for everyone.
Helsingborg Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Helsingborg for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Helsingborg in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Helsingborg Trip
Planning a trip to Helsingborg on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Helsingborg
Helsingborg Travel Guide
Quick overview of Helsingborg with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Helsingborg
Helsingborg offers a variety of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Here are some things to do in Helsingborg:
1. Explore the Karnan Tower: Start your visit by climbing the Karnan Tower, a medieval fortress that offers panoramic views of the city and the surrounding area.
2. Visit the Dunkers Kulturhus: This cultural center houses a museum, art gallery, and a theater. Discover the local history and art exhibitions while enjoying various performances and events.
3. Stroll along the Helsingborg waterfront: Take a leisurely walk along the waterfront promenade, known as the Drottninggatan, and admire the beautiful views of the ?resund Strait. Stop by the marina to see the impressive boats and enjoy a picnic in one of the parks.
4. Visit the Fredriksdal Museum and Gardens: Explore the outdoor museum and botanical gardens that showcase Swedish history and culture. Take a guided tour to learn more about the traditional buildings and gardens.
5. Discover the Sofiero Palace and Gardens: Visit the royal palace and explore the stunning gardens that are home to a wide variety of flowers and plants. Enjoy a picnic or attend one of the many events held in the gardens.
6. Shop in the city center: Helsingborg offers a range of boutiques, shops, and malls where you can indulge in some retail therapy. Explore the pedestrian streets and find unique Swedish designs and international brands.
Tours And Activities In Helsingborg
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Helsingborg at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Helsingborg
The best time to visit Helsingborg is during the summer months of June to August. This is when the weather is the warmest and most pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from 20 to 25 degrees Celsius. During this time, you can enjoy long daylight hours and take part in various outdoor activities such as exploring the city's parks and gardens, visiting the beaches, and taking boat tours. Additionally, many festivals and events take place in Helsingborg during the summer, providing cultural and entertainment opportunities for visitors. However, it's important to note that summer is also the peak tourist season, so expect larger crowds and higher prices for accommodations. If you prefer a quieter and more budget-friendly experience, consider visiting in the shoulder seasons of spring (April to May) or fall (September to October). During these times, the weather is still pleasant, and you can enjoy milder temperatures and fewer tourists. Winter in Helsingborg can be cold and snowy, but if you enjoy winter sports and festive atmospheres, it can still be a charming time to visit.
Flight Calendar For Helsingborg
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Helsingborg.
Best Hotels To Stay In Helsingborg
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Helsingborg's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Helsingborg
Helsingborg offers several great areas for accommodation. Here are a few of the best areas to consider:
1. City Center: The city center of Helsingborg is a vibrant and bustling area, filled with shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions. Staying in the city center allows easy access to popular landmarks such as the Helsingborg Castle and the Karnan tower. Additionally, the area is well-connected with public transportation, making it convenient for exploring the rest of the city.
2. Soder: Soder is a charming neighborhood located south of the city center. It is known for its picturesque streets lined with colorful houses and beautiful parks. This area offers a more relaxed and residential atmosphere, making it ideal for those seeking a quieter stay. Soder is also home to the popular Sofiero Castle and Gardens, which are worth a visit.
3. Dunkers Kulturhus: Situated near the waterfront, Dunkers Kulturhus is a cultural hub in Helsingborg. This area is perfect for art enthusiasts as it houses the Dunkers Art Museum and hosts various exhibitions and events throughout the year. The neighborhood also offers a range of dining options and is within walking distance of the city center.
4. Mariastaden: Located in the northern part of Helsingborg, Mariastaden is a modern and family-friendly area. It offers a mix of residential buildings, green spaces, and amenities such as schools and shopping centers. Mariastaden is well-connected to the city center by public transportation, making it a convenient choice for both families and professionals.
5. Vastra Hamnen: Vastra Hamnen, or the Western Harbor, is a waterfront district known for its contemporary architecture and stunning views of the Oresund Strait. This area is popular among young professionals and offers a range of trendy cafes, bars, and restaurants. Vastra Hamnen is also home to the iconic Turning Torso skyscraper, which is a must-see attraction.
Overall, Helsingborg offers a diverse range of accommodation options in various areas, each with its own unique charm and attractions. Whether you prefer the lively city center, the peaceful Soder neighborhood, or the modern Vastra Hamnen, you are sure to find a suitable place to stay in this beautiful Swedish city.
Hotels Map Of Helsingborg
Easily navigate your Helsingborg journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Helsingborg with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Helsingborg
There are several transportation options to Helsingborg.
1. By Air: The closest airport to Helsingborg is Angelholm-Helsingborg Airport (AGH), which is located about 35 kilometers away. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach Helsingborg.
2. By Train: Helsingborg is well-connected by train to other major cities in Sweden and neighboring countries. You can take a train from Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmo, or Copenhagen (Denmark) to reach Helsingborg.
3. By Bus: There are also bus services available to Helsingborg from various cities in Sweden and neighboring countries. You can check with bus companies like FlixBus or Swebus for schedules and fares.
4. By Ferry: Helsingborg is located on the coast and has ferry connections to Helsing?r in Denmark. You can take a ferry from Helsing?r and then continue your journey to Helsingborg.
5. By Car: If you prefer to drive, you can reach Helsingborg by taking the E4 highway from Stockholm or the E6 highway from Gothenburg. The city is also easily accessible from Denmark via the ?resund Bridge.
Once you arrive in Helsingborg, you can use local buses, taxis, or rental cars to get around the city and explore its attractions.
Rent A Car In Helsingborg
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Helsingborg.
Nearby Destinantion From Helsingborg
1. Landskrona: A coastal town known for its historic castle and beautiful harbor.
2. Angelholm: A charming town with picturesque beaches and a vibrant city center.
3. Hoganas: Famous for its pottery and ceramics industry, offering stunning coastal views.
4. Lund: Home to one of Sweden's oldest and most prestigious universities, featuring a rich cultural heritage.
5. Malmo: A cosmopolitan city with a diverse population, offering a mix of modern architecture and historic landmarks.
6. Eslov: Known for its beautiful parks and gardens, providing a tranquil atmosphere for visitors.
7. Hoor: Surrounded by scenic nature reserves, perfect for outdoor activities such as hiking and fishing.
8. Lomma: A small coastal village with sandy beaches and a picturesque harbor, ideal for relaxation.
9. Ystad: Famous for its well-preserved medieval town center and connections to the fictional detective Kurt Wallander.
10. Kristianstad: A vibrant city with a rich history, offering a variety of cultural attractions and outdoor adventures.