Fun Things to Do in Yangzhou | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Yangzhou Travel Guide
Quick overview of Yangzhou with essential tips and insights. Jump to any section.
Welcome to Yangzhou! Located in the eastern part of the country, Yangzhou is a city that seamlessly blends history, culture, and natural beauty. With a history dating back over 2,500 years, this city is known for its stunning gardens, ancient temples, and picturesque canals. Yangzhou is also famous for its delicious cuisine, particularly its delicate and flavorful Huaiyang cuisine. Whether you're exploring the charming streets of the old town, admiring the intricate architecture of the Slender West Lake, or indulging in a culinary adventure, Yangzhou offers a unique and unforgettable travel experience.
Yangzhou Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Yangzhou for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Yangzhou in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Things To Do In Yangzhou
Yangzhou is a vibrant city with a rich history and a plethora of attractions to explore. Located in the Jiangsu province, Yangzhou offers a unique blend of traditional Chinese culture and modern amenities.
One of the must-visit attractions in Yangzhou is the Slender West Lake. This scenic area is famous for its picturesque landscapes, elegant pavilions, and tranquil waterways. Visitors can take a boat ride along the lake, stroll through the beautiful gardens, and admire the ancient architecture.
Another highlight of Yangzhou is the Daming Temple. This ancient Buddhist temple dates back to the Tang Dynasty and is renowned for its grandeur and historical significance. Inside the temple complex, visitors can explore various halls, pagodas, and statues, immersing themselves in the spiritual atmosphere.
For those interested in Chinese history, a visit to the Geyuan Garden is a must. This classical Chinese garden is known for its exquisite design, intricate rock formations, and delicate pavilions. It provides a peaceful retreat from the bustling city and offers a glimpse into the traditional Chinese way of life.
Food enthusiasts will be delighted by the local cuisine in Yangzhou. The city is famous for its Yangzhou fried rice, a flavorful dish made with rice, eggs, vegetables, and various meats. Visitors can also indulge in other local delicacies such as stewed pork belly and steamed dumplings.
To experience the vibrant local culture, a visit to the Wenchang Pavilion is recommended. This cultural landmark hosts various art exhibitions, performances, and traditional Chinese opera shows. It is a great place to immerse oneself in the local arts scene and appreciate the beauty of Chinese culture.
Lastly, a trip to Yangzhou would not be complete without exploring the ancient city walls. These well-preserved walls were built during the Ming Dynasty and offer a glimpse into the city's historical past. Visitors can walk or cycle along the walls, enjoying panoramic views of the cityscape.
In conclusion, Yangzhou offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. From exploring scenic lakes and ancient temples to indulging in local cuisine and immersing oneself in the local culture, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city.
Tours And Activities In Yangzhou
Check out these Top-Rated Tours and Activities in Yangzhou. Read real reviews and highlights.
Best Time To Visit Yangzhou
The best time to visit Yangzhou is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. During these times, the weather is mild and pleasant, with comfortable temperatures ranging from 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F). The cherry blossoms in spring and the fall foliage in autumn add to the scenic beauty of the city. Additionally, these seasons are less crowded with tourists compared to the summer months, allowing visitors to explore the city's attractions more freely. However, it is important to note that hotel prices may be slightly higher during these peak seasons.
Flight Calendar For Yangzhou
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Yangzhou.
Best Areas To Stay In Yangzhou
Yangzhou offers a variety of excellent areas for accommodation. Here are a few of the best areas to consider:
1. Slender West Lake: This area is known for its picturesque scenery and tranquil atmosphere. It offers a range of accommodation options, including luxury hotels and boutique guesthouses. Staying near Slender West Lake allows visitors to enjoy beautiful views and easy access to the lake's attractions, such as the Five Pavilion Bridge and the White Pagoda.
2. Dongguan Street: Located in the heart of Yangzhou's historic district, Dongguan Street is a popular choice for those interested in exploring the city's rich cultural heritage. The area is lined with traditional Chinese architecture, charming shops, and delicious street food stalls. Accommodation options here include traditional courtyard hotels and cozy guesthouses.
3. Wenchang Pavilion: Situated near the famous Wenchang Pavilion, this area offers a mix of modern and traditional accommodation options. Visitors can choose from upscale hotels with stunning views of the pavilion or opt for budget-friendly guesthouses. Staying in this area provides easy access to the pavilion and nearby attractions like the Ancient Canal and the Yangzhou Museum.
4. Slender West Lake Scenic Area: This area is perfect for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. It offers a range of accommodation options, including resorts and eco-friendly lodges. Staying near the Slender West Lake Scenic Area allows visitors to explore the beautiful gardens, take boat rides on the lake, and enjoy various recreational activities like hiking and cycling.
5. Geyuan Garden: Known as one of the four famous gardens in China, Geyuan Garden is a must-visit attraction in Yangzhou. Staying in this area provides a unique experience, as some accommodations are located within the garden itself. Visitors can enjoy the tranquility of the garden, admire the beautiful architecture, and immerse themselves in the rich history of Yangzhou.
Overall, Yangzhou offers a diverse range of accommodation options in various areas, each with its own unique charm and attractions. Whether you prefer scenic views, cultural immersion, or outdoor activities, there is an area in Yangzhou that will suit your preferences.
Hotels Map Of Yangzhou
All-in-one Map to find Best Hotels, Vacation Rentals, Tours, Activities and Restaurants in Yangzhou.
Transportation To Yangzhou
There are several transportation options to Yangzhou. You can fly into Yangzhou Taizhou Airport, which is the closest airport to the city. Alternatively, you can take a train to Yangzhou Railway Station, which is well-connected to major cities in China. If you prefer to travel by bus, there are also long-distance bus services available to Yangzhou from various cities in China.
Nearby Destination From Yangzhou
1. Nanjing: A vibrant city known for its historical sites and modern attractions.
2. ZhenJiang: A picturesque town famous for its beautiful gardens and ancient temples.
3. Changzhou: A bustling city renowned for its technological advancements and industrial development.
4. TaiZhou: A coastal city offering stunning beaches and a rich cultural heritage.
5. Wuxi: A scenic city known for its charming canals, gardens, and thriving textile industry.
6. Suzhou: A UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its classical gardens and traditional Chinese architecture.
7. NanTong: A coastal city with a rich history and a thriving textile and garment industry.
8. Huaian: A cultural city known for its historical relics, traditional Chinese opera, and beautiful landscapes.
9. LianYunGang: A coastal city offering picturesque beaches, seafood delicacies, and a vibrant port.
10. YanCheng: A nature lover's paradise with diverse wildlife, wetlands, and stunning natural landscapes.