Fun Things to Do in Limassol | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Limassol! Located on the southern coast of the island, Limassol is a vibrant and bustling city that offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and stunning natural beauty. As the second-largest city in Cyprus, Limassol is known for its picturesque beaches, ancient ruins, and lively nightlife. Whether you're interested in exploring archaeological sites such as the ancient city of Amathus or indulging in the vibrant atmosphere of the Limassol Marina, this city has something to offer for every type of traveler. Additionally, Limassol is famous for its annual wine festival, where visitors can sample a wide variety of local wines and immerse themselves in the rich Cypriot wine culture. So, get ready to soak up the Mediterranean sun, dive into the crystal-clear waters, and experience the warm hospitality of Limassol.
Limassol Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Limassol for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Limassol in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Limassol Trip
Planning a trip to Limassol on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Limassol
Limassol Travel Guide
Quick overview of Limassol with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Limassol
Limassol offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Located on the southern coast of the island, Limassol boasts a beautiful coastline with stunning beaches. One of the main things to do in Limassol is to relax and soak up the sun on one of these gorgeous beaches. Some popular options include Ladies Mile Beach, Governor's Beach, and Curium Beach.
Aside from its beaches, Limassol is also known for its rich history and cultural heritage. A must-visit attraction in the city is the Limassol Castle, which dates back to the 14th century and now houses the Limassol Medieval Museum. Exploring the castle and museum allows visitors to immerse themselves in the city's past and learn about its fascinating history.
Another highlight of Limassol is the Limassol Marina, a modern and stylish waterfront development. Here, visitors can stroll along the promenade, admire the luxurious yachts, and indulge in a variety of dining options at the trendy restaurants and cafes. The marina also hosts various events and festivals, making it a vibrant and lively place to visit.
For those interested in nature and outdoor activities, Limassol offers several opportunities. The Troodos Mountains, located nearby, provide a scenic backdrop for hiking and exploring. Visitors can enjoy the fresh mountain air, take in the breathtaking views, and discover charming villages nestled in the mountains.
Additionally, Limassol is known for its vibrant nightlife scene. The city is home to numerous bars, clubs, and restaurants where visitors can enjoy a night out. The Limassol Old Town is particularly popular for its cosmopolitan atmosphere and trendy venues.
In summary, Limassol offers a diverse range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy.
Tours And Activities In Limassol
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Limassol at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Limassol
The best time to visit Limassol is during the spring (April to June) and autumn (September to November) months. During these seasons, the weather is mild and pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F). The summer months (July and August) can be hot and humid, with temperatures often exceeding 30°C (86°F). Winter (December to February) in Limassol is mild, but it can be rainy and windy. Tourist crowds are generally smaller during the spring and autumn, making it easier to explore the city's attractions and enjoy the beautiful beaches without the overcrowding experienced during the peak summer months.
Flight Calendar For Limassol
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Limassol.
Best Hotels To Stay In Limassol
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Limassol's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Limassol
Limassol offers a variety of great areas for accommodation. Here are a few of the best areas to consider:
1. Limassol City Center: This bustling area is perfect for those who want to be in the heart of the action. It is home to numerous shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues. The city center also boasts a beautiful promenade along the coast, where you can enjoy stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea.
2. Germasogeia: Located just east of Limassol City Center, Germasogeia is a popular area for both locals and tourists. It offers a mix of residential and commercial properties, with plenty of amenities nearby. The area is known for its vibrant nightlife, with numerous bars and clubs to choose from.
3. Agios Tychonas: Situated on the eastern outskirts of Limassol, Agios Tychonas is a more tranquil area that offers a peaceful retreat from the city center. It is known for its luxurious villas and upscale hotels, many of which offer breathtaking views of the sea. Agios Tychonas is also home to several beautiful beaches, making it a great choice for beach lovers.
4. Potamos Germasogeias: Located west of Limassol City Center, Potamos Germasogeias is a popular area for families and expats. It offers a mix of residential properties, ranging from apartments to spacious villas. The area is known for its excellent schools, parks, and recreational facilities, making it a great choice for those with children.
5. Mouttagiaka: Situated east of Limassol City Center, Mouttagiaka is a growing area that offers a mix of residential and commercial properties. It is known for its modern apartment complexes and luxury hotels. Mouttagiaka is also home to several beautiful beaches, making it a great choice for those who want to be close to the sea.
Overall, Limassol offers a range of great areas for accommodation, each with its own unique charm and amenities. Whether you prefer to be in the heart of the city or in a more tranquil setting, there is something for everyone in Limassol.
Hotels Map Of Limassol
Easily navigate your Limassol journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Limassol with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Limassol
There are several transportation options to get to Limassol:
1. By Air: The nearest international airport is Larnaca International Airport (LCA), which is approximately 70 kilometers away from Limassol. From the airport, you can take a taxi, hire a car, or use public transportation to reach Limassol.
2. By Bus: There are regular bus services connecting Limassol with other major cities in Cyprus. The intercity bus terminal in Limassol is located near the old port area. You can check the bus schedules and routes on the Cyprus Public Transport website.
3. By Car: Limassol is well-connected to other cities in Cyprus by a network of highways. You can rent a car from the airport or in Limassol itself and drive to your destination. It is important to note that in Cyprus, driving is on the left side of the road.
4. By Taxi: Taxis are readily available in Limassol and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. It is advisable to negotiate the fare before starting the journey or ensure that the taxi meter is used.
5. By Ferry: If you are coming from Greece, there are ferry services available from Piraeus port in Athens to Limassol port. The journey takes approximately 24 hours.
It is recommended to check the latest travel information and any COVID-19 related restrictions or requirements before planning your trip to Limassol.
Rent A Car In Limassol
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Limassol.
Nearby Destinantion From Limassol
1. Nicosia: The capital city of Cyprus, known for its rich history and cultural heritage.
2. Paphos: A coastal town famous for its archaeological sites, including the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Paphos Archaeological Park.
3. Larnaca: A bustling city with beautiful beaches and a lively promenade, offering a mix of modern attractions and historical landmarks.
4. Ayia Napa: A popular tourist destination known for its vibrant nightlife, stunning beaches, and crystal-clear waters.
5. Protaras: A family-friendly resort town with golden sandy beaches and a relaxed atmosphere, perfect for a peaceful getaway.
6. Troodos Mountains: A mountain range offering breathtaking views, hiking trails, and traditional villages, ideal for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
7. Limassol Marina: A luxurious marina complex with upscale restaurants, shops, and a vibrant atmosphere, attracting both locals and tourists.
8. Kourion: An ancient city-kingdom with well-preserved archaeological ruins, including a stunning Greco-Roman amphitheater overlooking the sea.
9. Governor's Beach: A picturesque coastal village known for its unique white cliffs, crystal-clear waters, and tranquil surroundings.
10. Omodos: A charming village nestled in the Troodos Mountains, famous for its traditional architecture, cobblestone streets, and renowned wineries.