Fun Things to Do in Puerto Princesa | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Puerto Princesa, a tropical paradise located on the island of Palawan in the Philippines. Known for its stunning natural beauty and rich biodiversity, this city offers a unique and unforgettable travel experience. One of the main attractions here is the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. This underground river system stretches for 8.2 kilometers and is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including bats, monkeys, and various bird species. In addition to its natural wonders, Puerto Princesa also boasts pristine white sand beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, and vibrant coral reefs, making it a haven for snorkeling and diving enthusiasts. Immerse yourself in the local culture by visiting the Palawan Heritage Center, where you can learn about the indigenous tribes and their traditions. With its breathtaking landscapes and warm hospitality, Puerto Princesa is a must-visit destination for any traveler seeking an unforgettable adventure.
Puerto Princesa Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Puerto Princesa for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Puerto Princesa in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Puerto Princesa Trip
Planning a trip to Puerto Princesa on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Puerto Princesa
Puerto Princesa Travel Guide
Quick overview of Puerto Princesa with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Puerto Princesa
There are numerous things to do in Puerto Princesa that cater to a wide range of interests. One of the main attractions in the city is the Underground River, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. Visitors can take a boat tour through the cave system and marvel at the stunning rock formations and diverse wildlife.
Another highlight of Puerto Princesa is the Honda Bay, which offers island hopping tours to stunning destinations such as Pandan Island and Cowrie Island. These tours allow visitors to snorkel, swim, and relax on pristine beaches surrounded by crystal-clear waters.
For those interested in nature and wildlife, a visit to the Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center is a must. Here, visitors can learn about the center's efforts to protect and rehabilitate endangered species, including the Philippine crocodile and the Palawan bearcat. The center also offers a butterfly garden and a zip line for added excitement.
Exploring the city itself is also a rewarding experience. The Puerto Princesa City Baywalk Park is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike, offering a scenic waterfront promenade perfect for strolling and enjoying the sunset. The Immaculate Conception Cathedral is another landmark worth visiting, known for its beautiful architecture and religious significance.
For those seeking adventure, Puerto Princesa has plenty to offer. Trekking through the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park is a thrilling experience, allowing visitors to discover hidden waterfalls, limestone cliffs, and lush forests. Ziplining at the Sabang X Zipline is another exciting activity that offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
Lastly, no visit to Puerto Princesa would be complete without trying the local cuisine. Sampling seafood dishes such as kinilaw (raw fish marinated in vinegar and spices) and tamilok (woodworm) is a must for adventurous foodies. The city also offers a variety of restaurants and street food stalls where visitors can indulge in traditional Filipino dishes.
Tours And Activities In Puerto Princesa
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Puerto Princesa at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Puerto Princesa
The best time to visit Puerto Princesa is between November and April. During this period, the weather is generally dry and pleasant, making it ideal for outdoor activities and exploring the city's natural attractions. The peak tourist season in Puerto Princesa falls between December and February, so it is advisable to book accommodations and tours in advance during these months. March and April are also great months to visit as the weather is still favorable, and there are fewer crowds compared to the peak season. However, it is important to note that Puerto Princesa experiences a tropical climate, so there may be occasional rain showers even during the dry season.
Flight Calendar For Puerto Princesa
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Puerto Princesa.
Best Hotels To Stay In Puerto Princesa
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Puerto Princesa's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Puerto Princesa
Puerto Princesa offers a variety of great areas for accommodation. Here are a few of the best areas to consider:
1. Downtown Puerto Princesa: This area is perfect for travelers who want to be in the heart of the city. It is home to numerous hotels, guesthouses, and budget accommodations. Downtown Puerto Princesa offers easy access to popular attractions such as the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park and the Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center.
2. Sabang: Located just a short distance from Puerto Princesa, Sabang is a popular area for tourists due to its proximity to the famous Underground River. It offers a range of accommodations, including beachfront resorts and cozy guesthouses. Sabang is an excellent choice for nature lovers and those seeking a tranquil beach getaway.
3. Honda Bay: If you're looking for a beachfront accommodation, Honda Bay is the place to be. This area is known for its stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters, making it a paradise for snorkeling and island hopping. Honda Bay offers a range of resorts and hotels that cater to different budgets and preferences.
4. San Jose: For those who prefer a quieter and more residential atmosphere, San Jose is a great option. This area is located away from the bustling city center and offers a peaceful environment. San Jose is home to several boutique hotels and guesthouses, providing a more intimate and personalized experience for travelers.
5. Puerto Princesa Baywalk: If you want to enjoy beautiful sunsets and a vibrant nightlife, Puerto Princesa Baywalk is the place to be. This area is lined with restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues, making it a popular spot for both locals and tourists. Accommodations in Puerto Princesa Baywalk range from budget-friendly hotels to luxurious waterfront resorts.
Overall, Puerto Princesa offers a diverse range of accommodation options to suit every traveler's needs. Whether you prefer to stay in the city center, near the beach, or in a quieter residential area, you're sure to find the perfect place to stay in this beautiful destination.
Hotels Map Of Puerto Princesa
Easily navigate your Puerto Princesa journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Puerto Princesa with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Puerto Princesa
There are several transportation options to Puerto Princesa.
1. By Air: The most convenient way to reach Puerto Princesa is by flying into Puerto Princesa International Airport (PPS). There are several domestic airlines that operate regular flights to Puerto Princesa from major cities in the Philippines such as Manila, Cebu, and Davao.
2. By Sea: If you prefer a more scenic route, you can also reach Puerto Princesa by ferry. There are ferry services available from Manila to Puerto Princesa, but the journey can take around 24-30 hours depending on the weather and sea conditions.
3. By Land: If you are already in Palawan, you can also reach Puerto Princesa by land. There are buses and vans that operate regular routes from other towns and cities in Palawan to Puerto Princesa. The travel time can vary depending on the distance, but it usually takes around 4-6 hours.
Once you arrive in Puerto Princesa, there are various transportation options available within the city such as tricycles, taxis, and rental cars to help you get around and explore the area.
Rent A Car In Puerto Princesa
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Puerto Princesa.
Nearby Destinantion From Puerto Princesa
1. El Nido: A stunning coastal town known for its crystal-clear waters and limestone cliffs.
2. Coron: A popular diving destination with shipwrecks and vibrant coral reefs.
3. Port Barton: A tranquil beach town offering a laid-back atmosphere and pristine beaches.
4. Sabang: Home to the famous Underground River, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
5. Taytay: A historical town with a well-preserved Spanish fort and beautiful coastal views.
6. Narra: Known for its vast agricultural lands and the Rasa Island Wildlife Sanctuary.
7. Brooke's Point: A gateway to the southern part of Palawan, offering scenic landscapes and waterfalls.
8. Roxas: A charming municipality known for its seafood and picturesque coastal views.
9. Aborlan: A quiet town surrounded by lush forests and home to the Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center.
10. Cuyo: An island municipality with a rich cultural heritage and well-preserved Spanish-era structures.