Best Places to Visit in Chachoengsao | Travel Guide (2024) | Things to Do, See & Eat
Chachoengsao Travel Guide
Quick overview of Chachoengsao with essential tips and insights. Jump to any section.
Welcome to Chachoengsao, a hidden gem nestled in the heart of Thailand! Located just 50 kilometers east of Bangkok, this charming province offers a perfect blend of cultural heritage, natural beauty, and a tranquil atmosphere. Known as the "City of the Bang Pakong River," Chachoengsao is famous for its picturesque waterways, ancient temples, and vibrant floating markets. As you explore this off-the-beaten-path destination, you will be captivated by the rich history and architectural wonders, such as the Wat Sothon Wararam Worawihan, home to the revered Luang Pho Sothon Buddha image. Immerse yourself in the local way of life by visiting the bustling Talat Nam Bang Pakong, where you can sample delicious street food and shop for unique handicrafts. Whether you are seeking a peaceful retreat or an adventure-filled getaway, Chachoengsao promises to be an unforgettable destination that will leave you with cherished memories.
Chachoengsao Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Chachoengsao for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Chachoengsao in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Best Places To Visit in Chachoengsao
Chachoengsao, located in Thailand, is a hidden gem that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. The city is known for its stunning Wat Sothon Wararam Worawihan, a Buddhist temple that houses a revered Buddha statue. Visitors can immerse themselves in the local culture by exploring the vibrant Chachoengsao Old Market, where they can sample delicious street food and shop for traditional handicrafts. Nature enthusiasts will be delighted by the Bang Pakong River, which offers scenic boat rides and the opportunity to spot various bird species. For a dose of history, the Phraya Srisunthorn Monument is a must-visit, commemorating a local hero. Chachoengsao's charm lies in its tranquil atmosphere, making it an ideal destination for those seeking a peaceful getaway.
Hotels Map Of Chachoengsao
All-in-one Map to find Best Hotels, Vacation Rentals, Tours, Activities and Restaurants in Chachoengsao.
Tours And Activities In Chachoengsao
Check out these Top-Rated Tours and Activities in Chachoengsao. Read real reviews and highlights.
Food & Drinks To Try In Chachoengsao
1. Tom Yum Goong: This famous Thai soup is a must-try in Chachoengsao. It is a spicy and sour soup made with shrimp, lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, and chili peppers. The combination of flavors is truly delightful.
2. Pad Thai: Another iconic Thai dish, Pad Thai is a stir-fried noodle dish that is commonly found in Chachoengsao. It typically includes rice noodles, shrimp or chicken, tofu, bean sprouts, eggs, and peanuts. The dish is often garnished with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
3. Som Tam: Som Tam is a refreshing and spicy green papaya salad that is popular in Chachoengsao. It is made with shredded green papaya, tomatoes, green beans, peanuts, and chili peppers. The salad is dressed with a tangy and sweet sauce made from lime juice, fish sauce, and palm sugar.
4. Moo Ping: Moo Ping is a popular street food in Chachoengsao. It consists of grilled marinated pork skewers that are often served with sticky rice. The pork is marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, and sugar, giving it a sweet and savory flavor.
5. Kao Pad: Kao Pad, or Thai fried rice, is a staple dish in Chachoengsao. It is made with cooked rice stir-fried with various ingredients such as shrimp, chicken, vegetables, and eggs. The dish is seasoned with soy sauce, fish sauce, and sometimes chili sauce for added flavor.
6. Mango Sticky Rice: For dessert, don't miss out on trying Mango Sticky Rice. This popular Thai dessert features ripe mango slices served with sweet sticky rice and drizzled with coconut milk. The combination of the sweet mango, sticky rice, and creamy coconut milk is simply heavenly.
7. Thai Iced Tea: To quench your thirst, try a glass of Thai Iced Tea. This sweet and creamy beverage is made with black tea, condensed milk, and sugar. It is often served over ice and is a perfect way to cool down in the hot weather of Chachoengsao.
8. Fresh Fruit Smoothies: Chachoengsao is known for its abundance of fresh tropical fruits. Take advantage of this and try a refreshing fruit smoothie. You can choose from a variety of fruits such as mango, pineapple, watermelon, or dragon fruit, which are blended with ice and sometimes sweetened with a bit of sugar.
9. Coconut Ice Cream: Another popular dessert in Chachoengsao is Coconut Ice Cream. This creamy treat is made from coconut milk and is often served in a coconut shell. You can top it with various toppings such as peanuts, corn, or sticky rice for added texture and flavor.
10. Thai Iced Coffee: If you're a coffee lover, don't miss the opportunity to try Thai Iced Coffee. This strong and sweet beverage is made with dark roasted coffee, condensed milk, and sugar. It is often served over ice and is a perfect pick-me-up during your visit to Chachoengsao.
Best Time To Visit Chachoengsao
The best time to visit Chachoengsao, Thailand is during the cool and dry season, which runs from November to February. During this time, the weather is pleasantly cool with temperatures ranging from 20 to 30 degrees Celsius. The humidity is low and there is little rainfall, making it ideal for outdoor activities and exploring the city's attractions. Additionally, this period coincides with the festive season in Thailand, including Christmas and New Year, which adds to the vibrant atmosphere of the city. It is important to note that Chachoengsao can get quite hot and humid during the summer months from March to May, with temperatures reaching up to 40 degrees Celsius. The rainy season from June to October is characterized by frequent showers and high humidity, which may hinder outdoor activities. Therefore, it is advisable to plan your visit to Chachoengsao during the cool and dry season for the most enjoyable experience.
Flight Calendar For Chachoengsao
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Chachoengsao.
Transportation To Chachoengsao
There are several transportation options to get to Chachoengsao, Thailand:
1. By Air: The nearest airport to Chachoengsao is Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a shuttle bus to Chachoengsao.
2. By Train: Chachoengsao has a train station called Chachoengsao Junction. You can take a train from Bangkok to Chachoengsao, which takes approximately 1-2 hours depending on the train type.
3. By Bus: There are regular bus services from Bangkok to Chachoengsao. Buses depart from various bus terminals in Bangkok, such as Ekkamai Bus Terminal or Mo Chit Bus Terminal. The journey takes around 1-2 hours depending on traffic.
4. By Car: Chachoengsao is located about 50 kilometers east of Bangkok. You can drive to Chachoengsao by taking Highway 304 or Highway 314. The journey takes approximately 1-2 hours depending on traffic conditions.
5. By Taxi: You can also hire a taxi from Bangkok to Chachoengsao. It is recommended to negotiate the fare with the driver before starting the journey.
Note: The availability and frequency of transportation options may vary depending on the time of day and season. It is advisable to check the schedules and availability in advance.