Fun Things to Do in Capri | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Capri, a stunning island located in the Tyrrhenian Sea. Known for its breathtaking natural beauty, glamorous atmosphere, and rich history, Capri is a must-visit destination for travelers seeking a unique and unforgettable experience. From the iconic Blue Grotto, a mesmerizing sea cave illuminated by a vibrant blue light, to the charming town of Anacapri, with its picturesque streets and stunning views, Capri offers a plethora of attractions and activities for every type of traveler. Whether you're exploring the ancient ruins of Villa Jovis, indulging in delicious Italian cuisine at a local trattoria, or simply relaxing on one of the island's pristine beaches, Capri promises to captivate your senses and leave you with memories to last a lifetime.
Capri Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Capri for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Capri in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Capri Trip
Planning a trip to Capri on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Capri
Capri Travel Guide
Quick overview of Capri with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Capri
Capri is a stunning island located in the Tyrrhenian Sea, just off the Sorrentine Peninsula. It is known for its breathtaking natural beauty, glamorous atmosphere, and rich history. Here are some things to do in Capri:
1. Explore the Blue Grotto: This famous sea cave is a must-visit attraction in Capri. Take a boat tour and witness the mesmerizing blue light that illuminates the cave's interior.
2. Visit the Gardens of Augustus: These beautiful botanical gardens offer panoramic views of the island and the iconic Faraglioni rock formations. Stroll through the lush greenery and enjoy the tranquility.
3. Take a boat tour around the island: Discover the hidden coves, secluded beaches, and stunning cliffs that surround Capri. Enjoy the crystal-clear waters and soak up the Mediterranean sun.
4. Shop in Via Camerelle: This upscale shopping street is lined with designer boutiques, luxury brands, and stylish cafes. Indulge in some retail therapy and soak up the fashionable atmosphere.
5. Hike to Villa Jovis: Embark on a scenic hike to the ruins of Villa Jovis, the former residence of Emperor Tiberius. Enjoy the stunning views along the way and learn about the island's ancient history.
6. Visit the Piazza Umberto I: Also known as the Piazzetta, this lively square is the heart of Capri. Enjoy a coffee or a gelato at one of the outdoor cafes and soak up the vibrant atmosphere.
7. Take a chairlift to Monte Solaro: Experience breathtaking views of the island by taking a chairlift to the summit of Monte Solaro, the highest point on Capri. Enjoy the panoramic vistas and capture memorable photos.
8. Relax at the beach clubs: Capri is home to several exclusive beach clubs where you can unwind and enjoy the Mediterranean lifestyle. Lounge on a sunbed, swim in the crystal-clear waters, and indulge in delicious seafood.
9. Visit the Certosa di San Giacomo: This former monastery is now a museum that showcases Capri's history and culture. Explore the beautiful cloisters, admire the artwork, and learn about the island's religious heritage.
10. Enjoy the local cuisine: Capri is renowned for its delicious food.
Tours And Activities In Capri
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Capri at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Capri
The best time to visit Capri is during the spring and fall seasons. During these times, the weather is mild and pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from 60°F to 75°F (15°C to 24°C). The summer months of June to August can be quite crowded with tourists, and the temperatures can reach highs of 90°F (32°C). Winter in Capri, from December to February, is off-peak season, with cooler temperatures ranging from 45°F to 55°F (7°C to 13°C). However, some attractions and hotels may be closed during this time. Overall, the spring and fall seasons offer the best balance of pleasant weather and fewer crowds for a enjoyable visit to Capri.
Flight Calendar For Capri
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Capri.
Best Hotels To Stay In Capri
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Capri's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Capri
Capri is a stunning island located in the Tyrrhenian Sea, known for its breathtaking landscapes and luxurious accommodations. When it comes to finding the best areas for accommodation in Capri, there are a few standout options:
1. Marina Grande: This is the main port of Capri and offers a range of accommodation options, including hotels and guesthouses. Staying in Marina Grande allows easy access to the island's attractions, such as the Blue Grotto and the Faraglioni rock formations. Additionally, the area is bustling with restaurants, shops, and vibrant nightlife.
2. Anacapri: Situated on the higher part of the island, Anacapri offers a more tranquil and authentic experience. This area is known for its charming streets, traditional architecture, and stunning views. Accommodation options in Anacapri range from boutique hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts, providing a peaceful retreat away from the crowds.
3. Capri Town: Located on the eastern side of the island, Capri Town is the heart of the island's social scene. This area is famous for its designer boutiques, upscale restaurants, and vibrant atmosphere. Accommodations in Capri Town range from luxurious hotels to elegant villas, offering a taste of the island's glamorous lifestyle.
4. Grotta Azzurra: If you're looking for a unique accommodation experience, Grotta Azzurra (Blue Grotto) is a fantastic option. This area is famous for its stunning sea cave, which attracts visitors from all over the world. Some hotels and guesthouses in Grotta Azzurra offer rooms with direct access to the cave, allowing guests to enjoy the magical atmosphere at any time of the day.
Overall, Capri offers a range of accommodation options to suit different preferences and budgets. Whether you prefer a bustling port area, a peaceful retreat, a glamorous town, or a unique cave experience, Capri has something for everyone.
Hotels Map Of Capri
Easily navigate your Capri journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Capri with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Capri
There are several transportation options to get to Capri:
1. Ferry: The most common way to reach Capri is by taking a ferry from Naples or Sorrento. Ferries run regularly and the journey takes about 40 minutes from Naples and 20 minutes from Sorrento.
2. Hydrofoil: Hydrofoils are faster than ferries and also operate from Naples and Sorrento. The journey time is around 20 minutes from Naples and 15 minutes from Sorrento.
3. Private boat: If you prefer a more luxurious and personalized experience, you can hire a private boat or yacht to take you to Capri. This option allows you to enjoy the scenic views and flexibility of your own schedule.
4. Helicopter: For a truly extravagant option, you can take a helicopter from Naples to Capri. This is the fastest way to reach the island, with a flight time of around 15 minutes.
Once you arrive in Capri, you can explore the island by foot, take a taxi, or rent a scooter or boat to get around.
Rent A Car In Capri
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Capri.
Nearby Destinantion From Capri
1. Naples: A bustling city known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and delicious pizza.
2. Sorrento: A charming coastal town famous for its stunning views of the Bay of Naples and its lemon groves.
3. Anacapri: A picturesque village located on the island of Capri, offering breathtaking views from Mount Solaro.
4. Positano: A colorful cliffside village renowned for its beautiful beaches, charming streets, and luxurious resorts.
5. Amalfi: A historic town nestled between dramatic cliffs and the sparkling Mediterranean Sea, known for its stunning cathedral.
6. Ravello: A peaceful hilltop town with panoramic views, renowned for its beautiful gardens and classical music festivals.
7. Pompeii: An ancient Roman city buried under volcanic ash, now an archaeological site that offers a glimpse into the past.
8. Herculaneum: Another ancient Roman city preserved by volcanic ash, showcasing well-preserved buildings and artifacts.
9. Procida: A colorful and authentic island town with narrow streets, vibrant houses, and a relaxed atmosphere.
10. Ischia: A volcanic island known for its thermal spas, beautiful beaches, and lush gardens.