Fun Things to Do in Rangsit | Travel Guide (2024) | Best Places to Visit
Welcome to Rangsit, a vibrant and bustling city located just 30 kilometers north of Bangkok. Known for its modern infrastructure and close proximity to Don Mueang International Airport, Rangsit is a popular destination for both business and leisure travelers. This city offers a unique blend of traditional Thai culture and contemporary urban development, making it an ideal place to explore and experience the best of both worlds. From its vibrant street markets and delicious street food to its stunning temples and lush green parks, Rangsit has something to offer for every type of traveler. So, pack your bags and get ready to immerse yourself in the rich history and vibrant atmosphere of Rangsit.
Rangsit Travel Videos
Watch authentic videos about Rangsit for inspiration and practical tips. Know all the amazing places to visit and things to do in Rangsit in 2024. Make your own Itinerary, like a Pro.
Book Rangsit Trip
Planning a trip to Rangsit on your own? Use Travopo's trusted partners for cheapest rates and a hassle-free booking experience.
Book Things To Do In Rangsit
Rangsit Travel Guide
Quick overview of Rangsit with essential tips and insights.
Things To Do In Rangsit
Rangsit offers a variety of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Located just outside of Bangkok, Rangsit is a bustling city with a unique blend of traditional Thai culture and modern amenities. Here are some top things to do in Rangsit:
1. Visit Future Park Rangsit: This massive shopping complex is one of the largest in Southeast Asia. It features a wide range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, including a cinema and an indoor amusement park. Explore the various floors and indulge in some retail therapy.
2. Explore Dream World: This popular amusement park is a great place to spend a day with family or friends. It offers a variety of thrilling rides, including roller coasters and water slides. Enjoy live shows, parades, and interactive exhibits that cater to all ages.
3. Discover Wat Phra Pathom Chedi: Located in nearby Nakhon Pathom, this historic temple is one of the oldest and largest in Thailand. Marvel at the impressive architecture and intricate details of the chedi (stupa). Take a stroll around the temple grounds and observe the local religious practices.
4. Visit Wat Chaloem Phra Kiat Worawihan: This beautiful temple complex is situated on a hilltop, offering panoramic views of the surrounding area. Admire the intricate carvings and statues that adorn the temple. Take a moment to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and capture some stunning photographs.
5. Explore Rangsit Floating Market: Experience the vibrant atmosphere of this traditional Thai market. Sample a variety of local street food, fresh fruits, and handmade crafts. Take a boat ride along the canal and immerse yourself in the local culture.
6. Visit the Royal Thai Air Force Museum: Learn about the history of aviation in Thailand at this fascinating museum. View a collection of aircraft, including fighter jets and helicopters. Gain insight into the country's military aviation heritage.
7. Enjoy outdoor activities at Rangsit University: The university campus offers various recreational facilities, including a golf course, tennis courts, and swimming pools.
Tours And Activities In Rangsit
Book Top-Rated Tours and Activities around Rangsit at Affordable Prices.
Best Time To Visit Rangsit
The best time to visit Rangsit is during the cool season, which runs from November to February. During this time, the weather is pleasantly mild with lower humidity and cooler temperatures. It is the peak tourist season in Rangsit, so expect crowds and higher prices for accommodations and attractions. However, the clear skies and comfortable weather make it ideal for exploring the outdoor attractions in and around Rangsit, such as the beautiful parks and temples. If you prefer to avoid the crowds, you can also consider visiting during the shoulder seasons of March to May or September to October, when the weather is still warm but the tourist numbers are lower. Just be aware that these months may experience higher humidity and occasional rain showers. The rainy season, which lasts from June to October, is generally not recommended for visiting Rangsit as it can be very wet with frequent heavy rain and potential flooding.
Flight Calendar For Rangsit
Discover the Cheapest Days and Months to Book Flight Tickets to Rangsit.
Best Hotels To Stay In Rangsit
Book Affordable, Highly-Rated Hotels Near Rangsit's Center.
Best Areas To Stay In Rangsit
Rangsit is a vibrant and bustling area located in the Pathum Thani province. It is known for its proximity to various universities and educational institutions, making it an ideal place for students and academics.
Rangsit offers a wide range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. One of the best areas for accommodation in Rangsit is Phahonyothin Road, which is a major thoroughfare that runs through the heart of the district. This area is home to numerous hotels, guesthouses, and serviced apartments, providing convenient access to transportation and amenities.
Another popular area for accommodation in Rangsit is Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok Road, which is located near Rangsit University. This area is known for its affordable housing options, including condominiums and apartments, making it a great choice for students and young professionals.
For those seeking a more tranquil and residential atmosphere, Rangsit-Klong 1 Road is a recommended area. This neighborhood offers a peaceful environment with a mix of houses and townhouses available for rent or purchase. It is also close to various local markets and community facilities.
Lastly, Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok 2 Road is another area worth considering for accommodation in Rangsit. This area is known for its proximity to Future Park Rangsit, one of the largest shopping malls in Thailand. It offers a wide range of housing options, including condominiums and townhouses, as well as easy access to shopping, dining, and entertainment facilities.
Overall, Rangsit provides a diverse range of accommodation options in different areas, catering to various needs and preferences. Whether you are a student, professional, or someone looking for a peaceful residential environment, Rangsit has something to offer.
Hotels Map Of Rangsit
Easily navigate your Rangsit journey with our map. Book hotels, vacation rentals, and activities hassle-free. Filter your search to find best deals and explore hotspot areas of Rangsit with our heatmap feature.
Transportation To Rangsit
There are several transportation options to Rangsit.
1. By Air: The nearest airport to Rangsit is Don Mueang International Airport (DMK), which is located about 20 kilometers away. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach Rangsit.
2. By Train: Rangsit is well-connected by train. You can take a train from Bangkok's Hua Lamphong Station to Rangsit Station. The journey takes around 1-2 hours, depending on the train type.
3. By Bus: There are regular bus services from Bangkok to Rangsit. You can take a bus from the Northern Bus Terminal (Mo Chit) or the Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekkamai) to reach Rangsit. The journey takes around 1-2 hours, depending on the traffic.
4. By Taxi: Taxis are readily available in Bangkok, and you can hire one to reach Rangsit. The journey time will depend on the traffic conditions.
5. By Car: If you have your own vehicle or are renting a car, you can drive to Rangsit. The distance from Bangkok to Rangsit is approximately 30 kilometers, and the journey takes around 30-45 minutes, depending on the traffic.
It is recommended to check the latest schedules and availability of transportation options before planning your trip to Rangsit.
Rent A Car In Rangsit
Search for the Best Car Rental Deals in Rangsit.
Nearby Destinantion From Rangsit
1. Bangkok: The bustling capital city of Thailand, known for its vibrant street life and cultural landmarks.
2. Pathum Thani: A province adjacent to Bangkok, famous for its beautiful temples and traditional Thai markets.
3. Ayutthaya: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, renowned for its ancient ruins and historical significance.
4. Nonthaburi: A city located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, offering stunning river views and a vibrant night market.
5. Samut Prakan: Home to the famous Erawan Museum and the ancient city of Muang Boran, showcasing Thailand's rich cultural heritage.
6. Lopburi: Known as the "Monkey City," this province is famous for its monkey temples and annual Monkey Buffet Festival.
7. Chachoengsao: A riverside town with a rich history, featuring beautiful temples and the famous Wat Sothon Wararam Worawihan.
8. Ang Thong: A province known for its picturesque landscapes, including stunning rivers, waterfalls, and rice fields.
9. Saraburi: A province surrounded by mountains, offering opportunities for hiking, exploring caves, and visiting hot springs.
10. Chonburi: Home to the popular beach resort city of Pattaya, known for its vibrant nightlife and beautiful beaches.